Sign in to follow this  

I won a Klim Helmet..

So a few months back I was surfing the net looking for winter gear and I came across the Klim (rhymes with climb) web site. They had some sweet snow mobile and Dirt bike gear, but more interestingly they were having a drawing to win a free Klim F4 Helmet. I entered on a whim and low and behold, I won...

They are sending it out 3day express today.. How cool is that?

Here is the website..

http://www.klimusa.com/index.php?ctrl=dirt

And here is the Helmet! How cool is that?

102-1-1.jpg

Lucky! :confused:

You will have to do a review on it when you get it. :excuseme:

Score! I guess you're proof that some contests are for real.

Score! I guess you're proof that some contests are for real.

Which is weird, because I never win raffles or stuff like that..

I'll have it by Wednesday or so next week, and will post up a review as soon as I can get it up to Carnegie! :confused:

I just bought one of of Ebay for a great price....Looking forward to getting it dirty tomorrow.

Thats cool.. Please post up here after you get back and share your opinion and a review...

-Peter

I'm not sure I like the design of that helmet.. No offense. Those vents look like great dirt scoops, if you fall on your head I bet it wenches your noodle real good :confused: Looks dangerous to me.

I hear the air flow in that helmet is just incredible but those scoops leave an unlikely but still very possible scenario where you snap your neck because the helmet grabs the dirt/ fence/ etc while your body is still flying along.

Roadrace helmets often did this back in the old day due to snaps, metal screws, and the like.

That said, I'd probably wear a neck brace and love that helmet in this TX weather!

Yeah, I'm also curious to see how it Vents; being here in the deep south. I'm also worried about the safety with those scoops.

I like the scoops & they are designed to break off if they get caught. Replacements are cheap also.

I like the scoops & they are designed to break off if they get caught. Replacements are cheap also.

Whats going to break off? looks to me like the shell is molded to form a scoop shape. Maybe the screen part is replaceable, but the danger of the helmet catching in the dirt is still there.

Vents are amazing on the helmet but I have caught mine on branches a couple times. Give and take basically... The scoops can pop off. You're going to be AMAZED at what you get with the helmet accessory wise!!!!

Crap! that means I didn't win!

I LOOOOVE Klim gear. Top, top notch.

My buddy has that helmet, he wears it snow mobileing, it has cold weather inserts so it stays warm, or can be swapped out for hot weather

They also have multiple thickness cheek pads, makes it easy to fit