Are these front springs compatible?

I have access to front springs from a 2004 525exc. I need them for my 2005 200exc.

Stock for the 525exc says: WP-USD 48 MA on BIKEZ.com

Stock for my 200exc says: WP-USD 48 on BIKEZ.COM

What does the 'MA' stand for?

They are .42kg. I need .44 but can't find them so I am settling. It's better than the stock .38's I have now :confused:

I don't know what that company is about but all the 48mm OC fork springs are interchangeable. The only ones you have to watch out for are the springs for the new TC forks (on the xc's and sx's). I believe those springs are shorter.

agree

So I have waited and searched and waited and searched. The best I can find are a set of .42's. Should I keep waiting or will they work for a 215# (w/ gear) rider? I should have .44 or .45.

This doesn't seem correct to me but here's what I got when measured:

free sag = 685.8 mm

w/ rider = 657.2 mm

Sag (difference) = 28.6 mm

Thanks man! I'm a little thick and never thought to look into other manufacturers.

They are polished too so kinda bling you can't see!

:confused:

I have access to front springs from a 2004 525exc. I need them for my 2005 200exc.

Stock for the 525exc says: WP-USD 48 MA on BIKEZ.com

Stock for my 200exc says: WP-USD 48 on BIKEZ.COM

What does the 'MA' stand for?

They are .42kg. I need .44 but can't find them so I am settling. It's better than the stock .38's I have now :confused:

For some reason KTM uses different part numbers on the rear sprockets for different bikes too, although they all interchange. I don't know what that's all about either. :excuseme:

I am told the DRZ forks are 49mm.

I assume the springs will still work in my 48mm forks? Is there anything else I need to adjust to use these springs?

I am told the DRZ forks are 49mm.

I assume the springs will still work in my 48mm forks? Is there anything else I need to adjust to use these springs?

Go here: http://www.racetech.com/evalving/menu/searchdirt.asp

Select your bike and view the spring part number. They will be RT part # FRSP4351XX with XX being the rate. Then look up the DRZ-E model. Same spring part number. Been there, done that...

To disect the part number further, 43mm OD x 510mm long X Rate (XX). The spring may actually measure 43.4mm or something like that, but to make formatting their database simpler they call it 43, OK? Even Honda springs will fit but you have to make up some preload spacers as they are 20mm shorter, part number 4349XX.

Don't think, I get paid for that...uh? Well...guess I don't actually get "paid" for this, huh? Need to figure out a way to get paid for giving advice?:confused:

:prof:

Select your bike and view the spring part number. They will be RT part # FRSP4351XX with XX being the rate. Then look up the DRZ-E model. Same spring part number. Been there, done that...

To disect the part number further, 43mm OD x 510mm long X Rate (XX). The spring may actually measure 43.4mm or something like that, but to make formatting their database simpler they call it 43, OK? Even Honda springs will fit but you have to make up some preload spacers as they are 20mm shorter, part number 4349XX.

Don't think, I get paid for that...uh? Well...guess I don't actually get "paid" for this, huh? Need to figure out a way to get paid for giving advice?;)

Honestly Lew, if you could find a way to get paid for the advice you give around these parts, you'd be a much wealthier man! The best I can do for you is let you know how much I appreciate your advice :bonk:

I did this search on Eibach's site and came up with the same results as you. Things do not usually work out this well for me so I guess I was skeptical. I didn't know if stock was any different than the aftermarket springs. I also came up with several places telling me the DRZ had 49mm forks and I believe the KTM's are 48mm. I see now that the difference does not affect the compatibility.

Anyway, your comment has put me at ease and, again, I really appreciate that. :confused:

Don't think, I get paid for that...uh? Well...guess I don't actually get "paid" for this, huh? Need to figure out a way to get paid for giving advice?:bonk:

Lew, I was more than willing to give ya a twenty spot for the help, still am if you want.:prof: