What is the best year for a used Crf 250?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can pretty much update any year crf to an 08 or the good stuff is what i have been reading right? I am thinking of maybe getting an 06 and the buying a 08 cam, have to probably do something with the carb and then it should be good to go right?

Ya a 06 will be a great bike. As far as updating the carb and cam, it depends. Will this be your first big bike? I think if you buy an 06, don't upgrade the motor right away. Upgrade the suspension, handlebars, pegs, what ever will make you more comfortable on the bike. The difference between the 06,07,08 are so small, it really isn't worth hopping up the motor unless your a seasoned rider that is looking for that extra pull at the track for example.

my choice would be the 05 or 08.. 05's are a really proven machine and everyone i know who has one loves them.. the 08 rips..find one at good price get it..

I will second this one having 2 2005 both racing MX both held up good loved those bikes, 06 I am sorry bad year for honda, 07 & 08 good bikes of course the 08 is the best so far really ripes stock if you can swing it go for it.Try and find a used one

they are around, if not go for a 07.

besides the legendary bog, with the 06 honda, is there anything else in particular that is not up to par?

Besides that, I don't think anything the adverage rider will ever notice. If you like the duels, your going to have to go with an 06 or up. It's going to be hard to find a 05 in great shape, most times a little worn out. It all really depends on your price range and what you expect out of a used bike, so whats your price range?

Ah i see, this is the first year they stuck that on there though right? I heard that its really beneficial for the 450 but not so much the 250 but im not saying your right or wrong

yup, the first year, i would guess that it would be equally benifical on the 450 and 250:excuseme:

Berm Saw whats HPSD?? I guess i will end up probably trying to spend between 3000 and 3500...We will see where that gets me

Probably an 06 or a 07 with a lot of hours for that price. I payed $4000 for my 07 in August of 07, it had 12 hours on it. You will be lucky to find a deal like that.

Ya I totally love my 07. I'm not sure of the changes from 06 - 07 but people are saying that the 06 bog is a little worse. My bike only bogs if I go from idling to wide open throttle, which I never do. When I'm at a track, I am yet to experience a bog on any lap. You have to try hard to make it bog, and the bike totally stock as far as motor and carb. I do run a Twin Air - air filter system, but I don't know whether that helps the bog or not, probably not. If you can find a 06 or 07 cheap enough, I wouldn't buy a used 08. For the amount of money you save buying n 06-07 you can make them a better bike then any 08.