Inexpensive 4" Universal Mirrors *pics*

I found these mirrors at the local stealership for only 7 bucks each so I thought I'd try them out. I think they look pretty good actually. They are a little larger then the dual stars, but that's probably a good thing. What do you think?

Here's what they looked like in the package. I bought the long stem ones.

60-0005.jpg

Here's what they look like installed

IMG_0433.jpg

I cut a little more than 2 inches off the posts so that they didn't stick out so far, but left enough room to be able to fully adjust them.

IMG_0438.jpg

This picture makes them look like they stick out really far, but they really don't.

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

Just thought I'd share another inexpensive option. :confused:

Ya know what?They look pretty good,any vibration?Can you see well enough?

Yes, they vibrate some, but I expected it to be worse actually. As long as you have the clamp tightened down good, they don't move at all. Seeing DIRECTLY behind me is all but impossible (especially since it's only 22 degrees out and I'm bundled to the hilt), but I think that's the case for any bar mounted smaller mirror.

How well can you see behind you? All I can see with the stock mirrors are my shoulders.

Lookin good.

This is about what my field of view is...if I tilt my mid section to one side or the other slightly, I can see what's behind me, but in just the normal riding position, this is it.

Sprite9.jpg

I had one of those on my Drz250 when i bought it. Did you try hanging them below the bars?

-D

no, I didn't, does it work better?

I remember those mirrors well. I think I had them installed in my old Vespa for a while.

Great job on the install! Looks really good. :confused:

Overtime, I think those mirrors ended up vibrating loose where the stalk meets the mirror, in the back. They worked well enough for the short time I used them. :excuseme:

Only bad thing I can think of,for 7 buck's you know they are not stainless.So they will probably rust up a bit.

Ya know what?They look pretty good,any vibration?Can you see well enough?

heres what i did fellas, i got tired of only seeing my shoulders so i bought 2" extenders for my 07 drz400s and they ROCK!!!

check'em out

http://www.koubalink.com/mirror.html

heres what i did fellas, i got tired of only seeing my shoulders so i bought 2" extenders for my 07 drz400s and they ROCK!!!

check'em out

those are worse than the stock rabbit ears! :confused:

check'em out

I'm going to make set of those. All I see is shoulders in my mirror unless I adjust them way out and then they are worthless for anything behind me.

I think my stock mirrors are pretty bad, but really I've never been on a bike that had good mirrors. Are those handle bar ones for the looks and that they don't break easily or is it because they work as good or better then stock?

Hey r22eric,I would like to get those extender's.But at $30 each,I'll figure out how to make my own.Damn good idea though.

I think my stock mirrors are pretty bad, but really I've never been on a bike that had good mirrors. Are those handle bar ones for the looks and that they don't break easily or is it because they work as good or better then stock?

I wouldn't say they work better than stock...but they look a LOT better than stock.

I bought the long stem ones.
I assume the short stem mirrors would work too? :confused:

Yea, I wouldn't see why not. They just didn't have those in stock at the dealership I went to, so I grabbed the long ones and cut them.

Hey r22eric,I would like to get those extender's.But at $30 each,I'll figure out how to make my own.Damn good idea though.

hey brother they are 15.00 each 30.00 for the set.

just to clarify.

i know, spendy but i can finally see at a glance

They look fine to me...nice job. I wonder if they have black ones like that?