Sign in to follow this  

Trailer idea

I was thinking of a possible idea for a trailer to build in tech class.. and heres what i came up with ....

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t41/Ty230/?action=view&current=idea.jpg

Does that seem like a good idea? and for those of you who have manufacturing skills does it seem do-able ...in a shop class?

Interesting.....

I have always thought a jet ski trailer would make a great single bike trailer.

If your wheel base is wide enough I don't think you would have a problem (as long as the YZ and DR were always on the trailer together. I would not want to have the DR650 off to one side with nothing else on the trailer...

• Like 1

This looks like it would be a pain to load and unload. Why not fab up a frame for the top and put a wood deck on/in it? Make it like a full open trailer. Either that or put some kind of desk on the trailer so you have something to roll the bikes on and walk on.

Its a good idea, just needs a bit more creature comforts.

This looks like it would be a pain to load and unload. Why not fab up a frame for the top and put a wood deck on/in it? Make it like a full open trailer. Either that or put some kind of desk on the trailer so you have something to roll the bikes on and walk on.

Its a good idea, just needs a bit more creature comforts.

+1!!!

It is a good idea and with the right tools and supplies it is totally possible to make without to much hassel, just take your time and be patient.

But, personally I would do a flat deck trailer so that I could use it for more than just dirt bikes, maybe even for towing a friends quad to the riding area. Then I would put a truck box on the front to keep all of the tools, tiedowns, etc... I would choose a 14ft deck length and go as wide as legally possible.

But that is just my opinion. Have fun and when you are done with the trailer be sure to post up some pictures!

-mt-

see the thing is we have a utility trailer with walls....and the was are just sheet metal..not strong enough for the bike tie downs..and my idea with this is to have the gulleys the bike sit in to look liek this \_/ ... And i would have little wooden ramps to load the bikes..and with the crf80..i can just lift up lmao

Make the rear two panels far apart so you might be able to fit a quad with the right side on one plank and the left side on the left plank. Then put your bike in the front. :confused:

+1!!!

It is a good idea and with the right tools and supplies it is totally possible to make without to much hassel, just take your time and be patient.

But, personally I would do a flat deck trailer so that I could use it for more than just dirt bikes, maybe even for towing a friends quad to the riding area. Then I would put a truck box on the front to keep all of the tools, tiedowns, etc... I would choose a 14ft deck length and go as wide as legally possible.

But that is just my opinion. Have fun and when you are done with the trailer be sure to post up some pictures!

-mt-

I'll agree with you til you got to the part about "friends with quads":p

I had a PWC trailer I got for free (just had to dispose of the smashed PWC that was on it) and did exactly what you're planning. I installed 2"x2" angle iron from one side to the other to bridge the depressed center, then installed 3/4" treated plywood on top of that. Bolted my wheel chocks through the deck and into the angle iron.

Trailer worked awesome til I sold it. Could be towed by a small car with no trouble.

Gani riders = throw a plywood deck on with side, starting from the back all the way almost up to almost the front of your "CRF80" ramp. then, cut down the gooseneck. you may have to fab in a little subfloor/ gussets but it will work great.