vacationing on the central coast need some ideas

Im coming out to cali from ohio for a wedding in july and wanted to know of something moto to do.

I will be in or around the pismo area (im not sure excatly where just close to it). I have heard you can rent buggys to drive around pismo and thought that would be cool but I was wondering if there is any mx tracks around that area that rent bikes. I thought I have read in magazines that there is tracks in cali that rent bikes. Seeing I cant fit my suzuki in my luggage this would be the only way for me to ride, lol.

Any info or links would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, around the central coast there isn't much for track riding. I haven't heard of any tracks renting bikes, maybe try a local shop? If it was trail riding you're looking for, you definitely have more options.

About once a month the Santa Maria Fairgrounds holds a practice and race... arena style, usually packed with people. Santa Maria is about 15-20 min South from Pismo. There is also Motoclub in Santa Maria which is by membership only. Besides those tracks, there's a track in Buelton called Zaca Station MX. National Style track, very nice. That pretty much sums it up! Did I forget anything?

I know you can rent quads at the oceano (pismo) dunes, but don't think you can rent bikes.

We ride track, and we head over to the valley (about 2 hours East) and ride the tracks over there. Usually Porterville, Tulare and Hanford. But the way gas prices have been, we haven't been over there in a while!

Unfortunately, around the central coast there isn't much for track riding. I haven't heard of any tracks renting bikes, maybe try a local shop? If it was trail riding you're looking for, you definitely have more options.

About once a month the Santa Maria Fairgrounds holds a practice and race... arena style, usually packed with people. Santa Maria is about 15-20 min South from Pismo. There is also Motoclub in Santa Maria which is by membership only. Besides those tracks, there's a track in Buelton called Zaca Station MX. National Style track, very nice. That pretty much sums it up! Did I forget anything?

I know you can rent quads at the oceano (pismo) dunes, but don't think you can rent bikes.

We ride track, and we head over to the valley (about 2 hours East) and ride the tracks over there. Usually Porterville, Tulare and Hanford. But the way gas prices have been, we haven't been over there in a while!

eh well thats week, lol. Oh well, I guess Ill have to just diddle in the dunes for a day and forget about moto.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Just a thought, maybe if your thread title said you're vacationing on the "central coast", you might get more of a response (there're aren't that many central coasters on TT).

title gave me a lagh, "vaca" means "cow" here in mexifornia.:confused: (or anywhere else,it's spanish)

Just a thought, maybe if your thread title said you're vacationing on the "central coast", you might get more of a response (there're aren't that many central coasters on TT).

Ah ok, Yea I dont know much about cali except what the mx magazines tell me, lol.

title gave me a lagh, "vaca" means "cow" here in mexifornia.:confused: (or anywhere else,it's spanish)

We have a huge surge in mexicans in ohio that last few years, but instead of learning to understand why they are saying, we usually get pissed of and tell them to learn english (not me personally, but my area is also infested with white trash, lol)

Dirtqueen, whats the best track out of the ones you mentioned in the valley?

Dirtqueen, whats the best track out of the ones you mentioned in the valley?

My favorite is Porterville. Although, i liked it much better before they reversed the flow of the track about a year a go. My BF's favorite is Hanford. He likes the more challenging, jumpy tracks, i like the more mellow longer tracks that flow. Make sense? haha.

Cool thanks, have you guys ridden Piru? Iam looking to ride somewhere different Zaca's cool but getting boring.

Yah! Piru is fun. Haven't been there in a while, its probably been almost 2 years! With the way gas prices are these days, we hardly go anywhere anymore!

Visit this place if you get a chance

http://www.zacastationmx.com/

About a 40 minute drive south of pismo

That would be a possibilty if I can find a place that rents bikes. I could have sworn I read that some of the bigger tracks do that. uggh I dont know, I guess I can just swallow my pride and rent a quad at the dunes, yuk.