Sign in to follow this  

03 CR250 bogging!?

I've got an 03 which I rode this last weekend and encountered some serious bogging when coming hard out of deep sandy corners.I know MXA complained about their 07 doing this,but I'm wondering if there is a solution to this.The bike has a new top end,PC pipe,Rad Valve,JD jetting kit(set as per instructions).Any ideas?

I've got an 03 which I rode this last weekend and encountered some serious bogging when coming hard out of deep sandy corners.I know MXA complained about their 07 doing this,but I'm wondering if there is a solution to this.The bike has a new top end,PC pipe,Rad Valve,JD jetting kit(set as per instructions).Any ideas?

Is it a bog that occurs because the engine rpm is low, or is it a bog when

you turn the throttle WFO? Does the bog sound like when the engine is cold, or when the choke is on? What colour is your sparkplug?

Answer all of these questions and we can help you.

It's a bit of both, when the rev's are low coming in to a sandy corner and then getting hard on the gas coming out.I don't know whether it sounds like it's getting too much fuel or none at all.The plug is dry and a brownish tan.

I'm not sure if the JD kit specs are going to be accurate for the Rad valve. The Rad valve increases the flow significantly which requires leaner jetting.

I had the same year bike with the same mods. Your plug color is right on the money. You are going to have to use the clutch to get out of the corner. It is a shame how Honda missed the boat with the case reed engine.

What stimies me is that it doesn't do it all the time.

Your plug reading indicates your jetting is close. Have you tried cleaning the carb & jets? If it does it sometimes it sounds like maybe a fuel problem.

ever heard of shifting down

Ever heard of digging up an old thread and giving a useless answer.No,wait!WAIT!!! Ya,you have. Nevermind!