Holy S%#* CRF450x F2Racing bike

I was down at the San Felipe 250 last week and ran into the F2 Racing Team, they have Steve Hengeveld on that Team "that guy is fast" well, I was chatting with them about the 450x and that it looked like so so many teams raced that bike and asked what all the hype was about.

I have a KTM 530 xcrw and I like it a lot and told them, it was a great bike off the showroom floor. So the Team guy says, hey take the pre-run bike out for a cruise and make up your own mind!, WHAT? your going to let me ride a race/pre-run bike?

who could say no!

So I geared up and took her for a run along the beach and up a whooped out dirt road, and down a sand wash.

The suspension was perfect, as you would expect from a Desert race bike, no surprise there, the bike was light and nimble, no surprise there,

The surprise came when I turned that handle on the right side of the handle bars..

HOLY POOP... That thing pulled so so hard that I think it would hole shot any MX bike indeed! And not only did it pull in the bottom end, if you had the "sack" to twist the throttle when really moving it pulled all trough the top.. I never reached the top speed, I was afraid to even get that close,!!! It was way cool to have ridden a bike that Hengeveld had flogged! I will never forget that!

But I am now sold on this bike and what F2racing did to it. I returned the bike with a smile on my face and told them, I am selling my KTM!! WOW!!

I asked what they had done to the engine, and the F2racing Team guy said it was mostly bolt on stuff from their shop, and they it would not take much to turn a stock one into what I just rode!!

Man..I cant wait to get mine and trick it out in the same F2 style.. I will probably get the one with an electric start, I am old

f2_bike.jpg

I want one, my buddy snapped this on my return..

5.jpg

Now that's how you sell motorcycles. Pretty cool of them to let you test ride it.

HAHAHAHA! Awesome experience! Pretty cool the little thumper has become the dominant ride in Baja racing. I know a Baja Pro who was saying this long before the 450X was really dominating Baja and it is nice to see his vision become reality. Not to drop a dime on him at all but he goes by Johnnyairtime.

Edit: A replica of that bike is within reach of the average guy which makes it even more appealing.

Yeah, when I came home and looked at the results on the SCORE website, it was 99.9 percent 450x finishers.. Thats impressive indeed.. and I thought the 650r was the desert killer.. no more

Now that's how you sell motorcycles. Pretty cool of them to let you test ride it.

no kidding.. made me a believer and I am a solid orange guy, make room for Red baby!!

Yeah, Fried Neckbones, I understand completely and I like KTMs myself but can't shake the 450X addiction. I've been thrashing mine for a couple of years now (stopped counting at 500 hours not counting around 20 desert races) and don't see a new bike in my future for a couple more years. When I get a new one it'll be another 450X. My best ride buddy just got a new '07 450X and he's coming off a KX500. He's hooked already and I'm pretty sure his only regret is that he'll have to wait up on my even longer now!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

and pocket book wise, after a new Honda and all the F2Racing.net items it is still cheaper then an Orange one and I know for a fact faster.

f2racing Honda:worthy:

Now that you have seen the light you will never turn back. I love my honda's and the CRF 450x is no exception, everytime I get off the bike I have a big grin on my face!(except when I have a get-off unintentionally)

Good luck on the build!

:thumbsup:Kickass man

Yeah, Fried Neckbones, I understand completely and I like KTMs myself but can't shake the 450X addiction. I've been thrashing mine for a couple of years now (stopped counting at 500 hours not counting around 20 desert races) and don't see a new bike in my future for a couple more years. When I get a new one it'll be another 450X. My best ride buddy just got a new '07 450X and he's coming off a KX500. He's hooked already and I'm pretty sure his only regret is that he'll have to wait up on my even longer now!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Like Coob said. I love my X. I do miss the brute power of the KX500 but the X is way easier to ride. I have had 4 rides now and love more each time. :confused:

...it is still cheaper then an Orange one and I know for a fact faster.
Aw, come'on Fried, your '08 530 KTM looked so great a couple weeks ago (as it was puking out all it's water for no apparent reason).
Aw, come'on Fried, your '08 530 KTM looked so great a couple weeks ago (as it was puking out all it's water for no apparent reason).

HAHAHAHA! Was it hung over?:excuseme: :excuseme: :confused:

Are you sure it was an X you rode and not an R?? The only reason I ask is because the picture you posted ... there was no light, and you also mentioned in your post that you "might get the one with the electric start"??

ps ... don't post this in the KTM forums ... those dudes can be rather unruly :confused:

Are you sure it was an X you rode and not an R?? The only reason I ask is because the picture you posted ... there was no light, and you also mentioned in your post that you "might get the one with the electric start"??

ps ... don't post this in the KTM forums ... those dudes can be rather unruly :confused:

HAHAHAHA! All in good fun. The 450X rocks.

I was down at the San Felipe 250 last week and ran into the F2 Racing Team, they have Steve Hengeveld on that Team "that guy is fast" well, I was chatting with them about the 450x and that it looked like so so many teams raced that bike and asked what all the hype was about.

I have a KTM 530 xcrw and I like it a lot and told them, it was a great bike off the showroom floor. So the Team guy says, hey take the pre-run bike out for a cruise and make up your own mind!, WHAT? your going to let me ride a race/pre-run bike?

who could say no!

So I geared up and took her for a run along the beach and up a whooped out dirt road, and down a sand wash.

The suspension was perfect, as you would expect from a Desert race bike, no surprise there, the bike was light and nimble, no surprise there,

The surprise came when I turned that handle on the right side of the handle bars..

HOLY POOP... That thing pulled so so hard that I think it would hole shot any MX bike indeed! And not only did it pull in the bottom end, if you had the "sack" to twist the throttle when really moving it pulled all trough the top.. I never reached the top speed, I was afraid to even get that close,!!! It was way cool to have ridden a bike that Hengeveld had flogged! I will never forget that!

But I am now sold on this bike and what F2racing did to it. I returned the bike with a smile on my face and told them, I am selling my KTM!! WOW!!

I asked what they had done to the engine, and the F2racing Team guy said it was mostly bolt on stuff from their shop, and they it would not take much to turn a stock one into what I just rode!!

Man..I cant wait to get mine and trick it out in the same F2 style.. I will probably get the one with an electric start, I am old

f2_bike.jpg

I want one, my buddy snapped this on my return..

5.jpg

Hey is that Les under that helmet.

HAHAHAHA! All in good fun. The 450X rocks.

Got that right. I love my X too. Well my CRF450 X that is and she does rock. I took her in some rock washes Sat. She got a little hot. But pulled threw. Like a champ.:confused:

OK. I currently ride a 2002 520 exc. I've been a KTM rider a long time. I've recently been riding around 70% track, 20% singletrack, and 10% wide open baja. The 520 has never missed a beat and it's street legal, so I think I'll hold onto it. My question is this... I'm spending more and more time at the track, so obviously, I need the right tool for the job. I WAS between the 2007 CRF 450r and KTM 450sxf. . After reading this string, what can I do to a 450x to make it as good on the track as the other two? Maybe that would give me a good option for track and singletrack? Any other ideas? Thanks!

OK. I currently ride a 2002 520 exc. I've been a KTM rider a long time. I've recently been riding around 70% track, 20% singletrack, and 10% wide open baja. The 520 has never missed a beat and it's street legal, so I think I'll hold onto it. My question is this... I'm spending more and more time at the track, so obviously, I need the right tool for the job. I WAS between the 2007 CRF 450r and KTM 450sxf. . After reading this string, what can I do to a 450x to make it as good on the track as the other two? Maybe that would give me a good option for track and singletrack? Any other ideas? Thanks!

If you're spending more time on tracks get the 450R IMHO. :confused:

Got that right. I love my X too. Well my CRF450 X that is and she does rock. I took her in some rock washes Sat. She got a little hot. But pulled threw. Like a champ.:confused:

Really? Today Xr4Dez. Grey, and myself rode some mean ass rocks today and mine never spit coolant or anything. Hey Charlie make sure you stop by PC and pick up a 1.8 radiator cap before the race if you can. :excuseme: :excuseme:

Really? Today Xr4Dez. Grey, and myself rode some mean ass rocks today and mine never spit coolant or anything. Hey Charlie make sure you stop by PC and pick up a 1.8 radiator cap before the race if you can. :confused::excuseme:

I order one earlier today. That's what XR said too. I wanted some more rocks. But maybe what we rode was just enough. I was smiling. So was XR. Man he likes them rocks hahaha P.S The XR650 and the YZ450 pulled threw too. But I love my 450X. The only problem is shes a Diva and it cost money to keep her happy.