Which chest/roost protector?

I didnt know exactly where to post this, but I have a YZ so I figured I would post it here. I ordered a THOR sentinel, adult size and it feels like its for a little kid. I ordered the new white/black one and its really nice, just too small. I am about 6.3 and 225 lbs. any suggestions on which protector would fit me well? I am debating between and under or outer protector. Anybody close to my size have one they are happy with?

Thanks,

Tony

I'd go with the HRP FlashJak size XL, I'm 6'1 and 210 and have been wearing one for years. If you wear a Leatt brace they also make one that is already modified to fit over it.

I'm 6'2" and 250 lbs. I have a Thor Aftershock and it's small. The shoulder protection is there and that's all I want. The torso barely extends past my diaphragm (remember CPR??).

I tried on a Fox Airframe in an XL large configuration. Holy crap, that's how they're supposed to fit!!

The actual product name is Fox 08 Airframe Chest Protector 210-300 lbs., 5'9"-6'9" Black

I was leaning towards the airframe, but I am not sure if I should get the L or XL. I think the XL might be too big, I fit right in the middle of the fox L size chart. I am alos going to take a look at the HRP.

Thanks,

Tony

I was leaning towards the airframe, but I am not sure if I should get the L or XL. I think the XL might be too big, I fit right in the middle of the fox L size chart. I am alos going to take a look at the HRP.

Thanks,

Tony

The L airframe fit like my Thor. Way too short. These things are made for shorty's like Ricky Carmichael. Nothing wrong with being short as he's clearly proven himself but every chest protector I've tried is short save for the Airframe in an XL size.

One more thing, I am looking for good coverage. The Sentinel is way to small. Does anybody around my size have a picture of them wearing the airframe in either L or XL?

Thanks,

Tony

I must be a really dedicated TT'r to put some pictures of myself looking fat as hell (I know I am dieting piss off) This is the Alpinstars Storm XL I am closer to 275 than 250 we will leave it at that....but am only like 5'10" it does have a pretty sick center bolt thing that rotates the shoulders around really good movement...

Alpinstars021.jpg

Alpinstars018.jpg

It may look tight but it is a lot more comfortable than my old fox chest protector.

great thread im 210 and 5-7 and have a need for protection i use the thor aftershock seems better than most but could do with a update, dont give up big guys its the person inside that count. phily cee

Thanks for the replies. I am looking for something that goes a lower that the alpine stars one pictures above. Anybody have a picture with the airframe?

Thanks,

Tony

You can never be a believer unless you see the picture or better yet go to the dealer and try it on. There is SO much variability in how they fit - it's amazing.

I live in chicago, not many motorcycle shops around here carry a good selection of MX stuff. I think I am going to order the Airframe in XL.

Thanks,

Tony

I think you would want a EVS Flux. However I would suggest a Thor Impact Rig SE

flux-y%5B1%5D.jpg

27dbf81ae340874e2fa2667ac9837986_rough.jpg

Is the impact rig a little hot in the summer?

Is the impact rig a little hot in the summer?

I heard that it vents well. But you can always/should bring a camelbak and if you start sweating you'll lose a few pounds(nothing personal/no offense).:confused:

I've got a Troy Lee Designs chest protector brand new I'm willing to let go for a decent price if you're interested. It's a size large i believe and it adjustable

I'm 5'5 160 so this thing is way too big for me.

It's black and grey, never been used.