Sign in to follow this  

KDX kick return spring Help

Putting a new one on is there some trick to this. I get the top in the hole but when i try to turn the spring for the bottom hole it wants to pull the top out. Then once iI release the bottom it wants to back out of the hole. I was wondering when I put the side cover back on if it will hold it in place.

I doubt it. The spring should stay in place. Do you have the plastic collar inside the spring? I just did my KX250 and i'm not sure if it's the same as the KDX. I know it was a pita until i looked at the picture and seen exactly how it went on.

Got the coller on it looks like its seated in there good. So the bottom stayed in the hole for you. I couldn't find a picture to refer to.

Just thought what position should the hole in the shaft be in. 9, 12, 3, or 6 oclock

The longer/straighter part of the spring goes into the hole of the metal tab thats bolted to the casing and then the other end goes at 6 o'clock

Sorry dont want sound stupid but do I just turn the shaft till the hole is at 6 oclock. thanks for your help

Insert the longer piece into the slot behind the gear. Then use needle nose pliers and spin the other end down to 6 o'clock. *Warning* There may be use of some 4 letter words lol You will be loading the spring during this process.

Thanks for your patince i started with shorter part in the hole on the shaft at 12 oclock and then turned the longer one clock-wise till it got around to about 7 oclock to the hole in the case. I'm lost on how to get the shaft around for the to be at 6 oclock. Yesterday i put the cover on and the kick lever would return but when too it off the longer part of the spring poped out. Sorry to bother you just want to get it fixed and go riding

Thanks for your patince i started with shorter part in the hole on the shaft at 12 oclock and then turned the longer one clock-wise till it got around to about 7 oclock to the hole in the case. I'm lost on how to get the shaft around for the to be at 6 oclock. Yesterday i put the cover on and the kick lever would return but when too it off the longer part of the spring poped out. Sorry to bother you just want to get it fixed and go riding

Oh my bad, i dunno what i was thinking. Start off with the spring on and the end is at 12 o'clock ,when you put the collar on make sure the notch in it lines up with the spring on the shaft. Then just turn the spring clockwise to 6 o'clock and there should be a hole for it.

The spring should be on so the end is pointing towards the inside of the engine. I've only done this once, but it worked. I was going by the pictures in my manual. Now i'm remembering why i don't like the clymers manual. It's too generic.

Thanks thats what i'm doing do you remember if both ends of the spring were flush or did the tensionpull them out of the holes some. Have a great weekend

Thanks thats what i'm doing do you remember if both ends of the spring were flush or did the tensionpull them out of the holes some. Have a great weekend

I know this will resemble a kid work, but it's the best i can do.

ah, it didn't work right. Let me try again. It won't add the attachment. when you put the spring on . the end should be up at 12 o'clock and facing inward. The other end is in the middle(inside of the spring, close to the shaft. Insert the plastic collar on the shaft with the notch going over the spring. That's one end. Then using needle nose pliers spin the spring to 6 oclock and lock it in the hole on the casing itself.. There is only 1 hole needed, not 2 like i originally stated.

So far it's looking that way. My buddy Mark needs to wake the F up! It rained last night and all the sand is wet. It's always nice when the sugar sand gets a little packed down. More intense/fast riding.