Sign in to follow this  

CRF250R twin pipes

What don't you like about them?

Honda says the twin pipes are quieter than most bikes, its acctually louder. Plus they add more weight to the bike. But it does look cool.

I swapped mine out for a Two-brothers M7. Mainly cuz I got sucha deal on it, but it does give it a deeper sound I think. Haven't had it on the track yet so Im unsure on performance. I like the duals but its to expensive for aftermarket.

Honda says the twin pipes are quieter than most bikes, its acctually louder. Plus they add more weight to the bike. But it does look cool.

Probably true about the weight. But, I think the duels feel lighter when riding because of the even weight distribution.

Can you really feel the extra weight if there is any? A couple pounds less for a single wont be that much of a difference for weight savings. Duals do look awesome.:confused:

how much of a price difference for a aftermarket dual compared to a single? cant find prices over here on the net, just wondering?

how much of a price difference for a aftermarket dual compared to a single? cant find prices over here on the net, just wondering?

Sometimes almost double for a full sytem. :excuseme: But you can get FMF dual slip ons for 379 i think at motosport or a full MRD system for a pretty good deal.:confused:

yer i heard of the slip ons, just looking at me options, get my new crf soon cant wait

Honda will tell you that it was the only way to get the flow and still keep sound down. IMO, possibly to realize the potential of the bigger carb. Many of the high hp kings on the street, hyaubusa, zx11's etc have done the same thing, twins over singles. Can't see any single system able to make more power with less noise.

I really don't know what honda were thinking with that exhaust pipe and huge carby... both of em seem to be pointless power killers.

I reckon the X is easier to hot up for more power now.

You have to give it to Honda for coming up with the duals for an MX bike. Great "out of the box" thinking, but the reality is that it is mostly a marketing vehicle.

CRF is my wife's bike and the duals are just fine.

Probably true about the weight. But, I think the duels feel lighter when riding because of the even weight distribution.

Are you serious? Do you actually get on any other bike and feel like you're leaning to the right. I kept the duals just because they look cool and I got aftermarkets for free, but thats about it. I'd say theres no way in hell you can feel a difference...

Are you serious? Do you actually get on any other bike and feel like you're leaning to the right. I kept the duals just because they look cool and I got aftermarkets for free, but thats about it. I'd say theres no way in hell you can feel a difference...

My buddy has an 06 YZ250F and me and him bother agree that my 07 CRF250R feels way less top heavy. BACK to BACK comparison.

My buddy has an 06 YZ250F and me and him bother agree that my 07 CRF250R feels way less top heavy. BACK to BACK comparison.

most people think the CRF's feel less heavy on top, becuse of the dual cam set ups on all the other brands:excuseme: