Sign in to follow this  

Opinions on the 2008 TC250

Been riding a Yamaha 2004 WR250 for a few years and have been looking at the TC250 with the electric start to replace, but have a few questions.

1: Reliability? Anywhere near Yamaha? My 250 has over 6000km and I'm just doing my first top end.

2: Power? Is there a noticable increase? I ride only singletrack and want more power but I'm not interested in moving up to a 450.

3: Parts? Are replacement parts available without waiting long?

4: Weight? Is there a noticable difference?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Been riding a Yamaha 2004 WR250 for a few years and have been looking at the TC250 with the electric start to replace, but have a few questions.

1: Reliability? Anywhere near Yamaha? My 250 has over 6000km and I'm just doing my first top end.

2: Power? Is there a noticable increase? I ride only singletrack and want more power but I'm not interested in moving up to a 450.

3: Parts? Are replacement parts available without waiting long?

4: Weight? Is there a noticable difference?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Buy a 08 TXC250 and never look back. A seriously fantastic bike many levels above your WR. Not knocking your WR, I had a 03 YZF250 I had thousands of dollars into to make a great woods bike and loved it. The new husky just raised the bar quite a bit.

... been looking at the TC250 with the electric start...

Is there a estart kit for the 2008 TCs already?

EDIT - the TXC sounds like the bike you want....

Is there a estart kit for the 2008 TCs already?

EDIT - the TXC sounds like the bike you want....

Coffee, why would the e-start be any different for the 08 than the 07 since it's the same motor? You're right TXC would be the more logical choice, and it would be cheaper than adding the starter.

My '07 rips gigantic sasqautch balls, came with an Ohlin shock, Ti exhaust, two slipons, lighting coil, 2.4 gallon tank, is so easy to work on it's boring and has the robust Husky motor. It's also stupid-easy to start (and I'm an old man with bad bones). I'm thinkin' the '08 may be even better, sans smaller tank, w/ new ergos etc and so on.

Prety dang sexy too.......( sorry for stumping, but I love my bike)

CRIM0078.jpg

I've ridden a few of the WR's...very comfy, nice gear box spread, good range.

The Hoosk is different in a lot of ways, espcialy non-generic wise. To me it's cool to campaign something out of the ordinary that gets the job done with very little maint. drama and robustness. The Marque also has a lot of history and some mystique.

And did I mention how it looks? :confused:

Both bikes are worthy.

Only one is a Husqvarna.

:excuseme:

Coffee, why would the e-start be any different for the 08 than the 07 since it's the same motor? You're right TXC would be the more logical choice, and it would be cheaper than adding the starter.

Have no idea if it is the same estart kit... with all the txc & efi posts not sure it has been discussed.

Does the TXC rip gigantic sasqautch balls like the TC though? I really want the rip your arms off feeling.

Nice looking bike pvduke

Does the TXC rip gigantic sasqautch balls like the TC though? I really want the rip your arms off feeling.

Nice looking bike pvduke

That 'arm-ripping-off feeling' comes as standard equipment, on all Husqvarna's- esp. the 450/510 and at a very attractive price as well.

If you would like your arms ripped of by a gigantic sasqautch with huge balls get the 450. It boasts 52hp of get the hell out of my way. I pick mine up tomorrow (said like a kid on Christmas)

If you would like your arms ripped of by a gigantic sasqautch with huge balls get the 450. It boasts 52hp of get the hell out of my way. I pick mine up tomorrow (said like a kid on Christmas)

:confused:

Of course we may not hear from you for a while LOL

No one has commented on valve train or piston life. Can I expect anywhere near my WR?

No one has commented on valve train or piston life. Can I expect anywhere near my WR?

How about longer life than the WR. :confused:

How about longer life than the WR. :confused:

Not sure i would go that far but the Huskys do last VERY long like a yamaha.