Sign in to follow this  

ibeat specifics?

A couple of technical specifics for those knowledgeable about ibeat:

What exactly do No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 relate to? It was described to me as low, mid and wot position. Does anyone have any further clarification?

I'm going to run with the Lambda sensor in. Does anyone have any experience with the settings with the sensor in? OverloadTT I know you're in the lambda-removed camp but I can't go there because of fuel mileage.

Last ride I was way too rich in the low and mid range and am going to lean out the settings. Should I just go back to 100% on all three or does someone have some better / different settings?

If you missed my last thread I'm currently at 97%, 93% and 103% and am on a TE250.

Anyone?

I wish I could help you out but you are still one of the early adopters I think. I should be getting my new TE250 in about a month and I'll have to start from scratch just as you did.

Didn't somebody somewhere say that all three positions are supposed to be at 100 and that 250s that were off from the factory were at 111 or something like that?

Greg

George at Uptite (Santa Ana) might be a guy to call. I know you didn't buy from him but he's a good guy and might spend a little time helping you get it straightened out. I'm guessing you don't have the power up done yet and are just getting some miles on it. Someone from Husqvarna was going to be stopping by his shop this week and go over the software with him and answer HIS questions.

1 714 540-2920

I have done the power up kit. However the drop in mileage was too much to leave the race map active. I do roll chart dual sport rides and need a minimum of 80 miles between fuel stops and prefer 100 mile range. I'm leaving the lambda in and just want to dial in the 'electronic jetting' (EFI points).

It's been hard to get confirmed and tested tuning details. Husky hasn't released the service manual yet, my dealer doesn't has access to the 07-TE610FI manual. I plan on doing some testing with iBeat this weekend and may have access to a Dyno next week. I'm also working on contacting someone I know has done tuning on the TE EFI system and should have some info next week.

Too bad Husky has ended up confirming many of the skeptics speculations that EFI wasn't going to be as easy for the most as changing jets. I'm sure it's going to get better after some time with or without husky factory help. I could understand this situation if this was new technology, but most EFI bikes already have factory and after market tuners available.

Since my 450 was running extremely rich with race plug, I went back to Lambda installed and FB set at 100-100-100. It's not perfect but my MPG is a lot better.

Damn this EFI/ECU/Lambda/TPS/Ibeat stuff is getting confusing...I'll let you all sort it out first. Good luck and until then, low MPG here I come!

A couple of technical specifics for those knowledgeable about ibeat:

What exactly do No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 relate to? It was described to me as low, mid and wot position. Does anyone have any further clarification?

I'm going to run with the Lambda sensor in. Does anyone have any experience with the settings with the sensor in? OverloadTT I know you're in the lambda-removed camp but I can't go there because of fuel mileage.

Last ride I was way too rich in the low and mid range and am going to lean out the settings. Should I just go back to 100% on all three or does someone have some better / different settings?

If you missed my last thread I'm currently at 97%, 93% and 103% and am on a TE250.

Im not in the Lamba removed camp by choice, I`m there because at present it is the most efficient power option, i`d prefer twin Lambda actually !!!

The FB positions are controlled by the Lamba when it is fitted, it`s only when the Power Up Mode Connector is installed that pos1 is active & it`s setting richens, leans the fuel map across the entire range by the prescribed setting.

The active range must be between 96% & 107% in pos 1, preferably 100%.

Maybe for a test you could try RACE mode & 96%, check economy then. Don`t worry about 2,3.

What i think everyone is trying to achieve is Race Mode + Lambda. That`s not available at present. But it will be................Need to be patient, remember Husky & Mikuni have had a long time to get this system proven, to expect aftermarket to complete in a couple of months is a big ask.

The focus was & is for competition, they were hugely restricted & choked for emission controls only with the expectation of it being removed (that`s my understanding) i agree though it could cater better for the DS & road goers.

Your settings in FB for improvements are irrelevant, Lambda controls when installed.

The difference between 250 & 450, for the 250 set WOT @ 100.4% & 2.5 turns on the by-pass screw and the 450 @100.2% & 2.5 to 2.75 turns on the by-pass screw

These are confirmed dyno tested results & approved by Husqvarna.

There is no majic fix, just try a couple of the scenarios & record your results, i`d do over say 2-3 tanks each one to get a cross section, unless it`s a gross change, chasing economy is like splitting hairs so it needs to be done methodicaly to ensure results aren`t misleading.

Hope this helps a little.

Is the iBeat software "available" :excuseme: for the end user by any chance or is it restricted to dealers?

Overload, I have already learnt a lot about this EFI just from your posts and appreciate your patient explanations for those of us that are still working our minds around the new terminology and methods of the digital world on dirt bikes. Thanks much. (I'm still a wannabe 08 TE owner however it looks like the wife may have one waiting for me when I make it home :confused: )

The difference between 250 & 450, for the 250 set WOT @ 100.4% & 2.5 turns on the by-pass screw and the 450 @100.2% & 2.5 to 2.75 turns on the by-pass screw

overloadtt, thanks for the info!

Today I rode my TE450 with the power up kit installed. Overall power is good. Motor is slightly underpowered in the 1/4 throttle area, but I suspect that is a result of motor characteristics and the open exhaust. I have a supertrapp quiet core adjustable exhaust coming in soon I will use to raise a bit more low end. I had success with it before.

Engine braking is one problem I'm having at the moment. Ok, so the by-pass screw at 2.5 to 2.75 turns. That is the idle screw on the right side, correct? And is that 2.5 to 2.75 turns from all the way in, or from the stock setting?

Could someone with a 2008 TE250/450/510 please look in their owners manual and post up everything it has to say regarding the Mikuni efi? Model #s, part numbers, throat diameter, anything like that?

And/Or maybe go out to the bike and look for any markings that might be on the "carb"?

Please?

Pretty Please?

overloadtt, thanks for the info!

Today I rode my TE450 with the power up kit installed. Overall power is good. Motor is slightly underpowered in the 1/4 throttle area, but I suspect that is a result of motor characteristics and the open exhaust. I have a supertrapp quiet core adjustable exhaust coming in soon I will use to raise a bit more low end. I had success with it before.

Engine braking is one problem I'm having at the moment. Ok, so the by-pass screw at 2.5 to 2.75 turns. That is the idle screw on the right side, correct? And is that 2.5 to 2.75 turns from all the way in, or from the stock setting?

Screw location correct & from seated position, also try the db killer IN, to improve your 1/4 throttle response delivery. Again it will be ordinary unless you`ve had the settings done - you can`t avoid it!!!!

Once you set the idle correctly [using iBEAT] the throttle plate will be open a little when shut (makes sense i hope] so the engine braking will be reduced A LOT.

I'm looking forward to reducing the engine braking. That last little twist where the plate closes is like ummmph, and makes me panic in the sand :-)

I have the spark arrestor installed. I'm sure it does add a bit of back pressure.

Is the iBeat software "available" :thumbsup: for the end user by any chance or is it restricted to dealers?

Just picked up the iBeat kit from my local dealer.... Think the retail is about $700 USD. Not cheap but a LOT less expensive then what you find in the Ducati World.

Only runs under MS windows XP, and some earlier versions. Not sure about Windows Vista OS. Also requires a RS-232 serial port so you may need a USB to RS-232 converter widget. I'm running iBeat on a MAC (Intel) MAC Book Pro under a Windows XP-Pro partition with a generic USB to RS-232 converter and it works great. Also tested on a old Toshiba laptop running Windows XP with the USB to RS-232 converter and it works fine. :thumbsup:

Which dealer?

BILL'S MOTORCYCLE PLUS

Bill's motorcycle plus is located at 1126 12th st. SE Salem, OR 97302 Call locally at (503) 585-1153 or toll free 1-888-806-1153

Bill is also the owner of Mike's Cycle Parts, "The Largest Cycle Salvage Yard on the West Coast".

Disclaimer... I have no vested interest in BMP or MCP...

had power -up kit installed along with the ibeat last week. The power seems very surgy at the lower rpms. Does anyone know if I unplug the 02 sensor and then put it back in, does the FI default back to factory setting or ibeat setting? Also, I've heard two different answers to the question regarding altitude riding with 02 sensor plugged. Does anyone know for a fact the fi will still compensate for altitude without the 02 sensor. Any drawbacks to running in race map when you take the 02 sensor out?

DTD

Could someone with a 2008 TE250/450/510 please look in their owners manual and post up everything it has to say regarding the Mikuni efi? Model #s, part numbers, throat diameter, anything like that?

And/Or maybe go out to the bike and look for any markings that might be on the "carb"?

Please?

Pretty Please?

The items below are from page 13A of that parts catalog for the 08 TE 250 etc. on Hall's site. I believe that is the injector system. I looked at mine and could find no numbers showing. 42 mm is the number I see mentioned for the Mikuni.

Note

Notes

Notes

Marke

Notas

Pos.

No.

N.

Index

Pos.

N. Cod.

Code No.

Nr. Code

Code Nr

N. Cod.

Validità

Validity

Validité

Gultig

DENOMINAZIONE NAME DESIGNATION BESHREIBUNG DENOMINACION Validez

Q.tà

Q.ty

Q.te

M.ge

C.ad

N° Catalogo - Catalog No. - Nr. Catalogue - Katalog Nr. - N° Catalogo : 8000 B0149 Pagina emessa Novembre ’07 - Page issued November ’07 - Page Novembre '07 - Seite Herasgegeben November ’07 - Pagina emitida Noviembre ’07

TE-SMR 250-450-510/2008

I.E.

TAVOLA

DRAWING

TABLE

BILD

TABLA

CORPO FARFALLATO - THROTTLE BODY

CORP PAPILLON - DROSSELKLAPPENKÖRPER

CUERPO OSCILANTE (MIKUNI) 13A

1 8000 B1395 1 Corpo farfallato Throttle body Corps papillon Drosselklappengehäuse Cuerpo con mariposa

(TE-SMR 450-510) (TE-SMR 450-510) (TE-SMR 450-510) (TE-SMR 450-510) (TE-SMR 450-510)

1 8000 B1396 1 Corpo farfallato (TE 250) Throttle body (TE 250) Corps papillon (TE 250) Drosselklappengehäuse (TE 250) Cuerpo con mariposa (TE 250)

2 8000 B1452 1 Assieme condotto benzina Fuel duct assy Groupe conduit carburant Treibstoffleitung Kpl. Grupo conducto gasolina

3 8000 A9258 1 Vite Screw Vis Schraube Tornillo

4 8000 B1449 1 Vite Screw Vis Schraube Tornillo

5 8000 B1450 1 Molla Spring Ressort Feder Resorte

6 8000 A9261 1 Coperchio Cover Couvercle Deckel Tapa

7 8000 A9262 1 Vite Screw Vis Schraube Tornillo

8 8000 A9263 1 Anello di tenuta Seal ring Bague de retenue Dichtring Anillo de retención

9 8000 A9264 1 Iniettore (450-510) Injector (450-510) Injecteur (450-510) Injektor (450-510) Inyector (450-510)

9 8000 B1451 1 Iniettore (250) Injector (250) Injecteur (250) Injektor (250) Inyector (250)

10 8000 B1367 1 Piastrina limitatrice Relief plate Plaquette doseur Begrenzungsplättchen Placa limitadora

11 8000 A9699 2 Vite Screw Vis Schraube Tornillo

8000 B1395 Throttle body

That certainly appears to be the Husqvarna part number - thank you very much. I was beginning to feel neglected LOL

Was hoping for the markings off the 'carb' itself to cross reference the Mikuni part numbers. Or maybe the 2008 TE 250/450/510 owners manual said something like a 'functional description'.

Anyone want to walk over to their bike and see if there are any markings on it?

I looked at mine pretty throroughly from left and right. No numbers, just the Mikuni name. There might be something under the plastic but didn't go that far.

• Like 1