Sign in to follow this  

05 525sx Some pointers when buying?

hey there,

I found a nice 525sx which i would like to buy.

It has done 35 hours and had new crank bearings 10 hours ago.

Still same piston.

I think i will change the piston real soon if i bought it.

From what i read so far is that with the bigger engines the crankbearings is the thing to look for and the piston.

Valves are steal on a 525, right?. So wouldn't wear as fast as Ti ones.

I wanted to know what are the known issues with the 525sx?.

The owner says that it's pretty bullitproof, but eyy i would say the same if i'm selling.

I know this is a standard boring question but i couldn't find a good answer using the search function.

To make it a bit more intresting, here a pic off the bike :confused:

It has the six speed conversion and the price is ok.

6989354.jpg

Thank you for the answers

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't supermoto bikes usually ridden at somewhat high RPMs a lot? Nice bike BTW it looks nice. :confused:

I'd be a little worried about buying two/three year old bike which has only 35h on it. I always get the idea that when bike hasn't been ridden it also hasn't been taken care of. Owner just dumps it to the back of the garage and just lets it lay around until he/she rides again. Atleast I would ask around why it has only 35h or is the owner sure it only has 35h in it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't supermoto bikes usually ridden at somewhat high RPMs a lot? Nice bike BTW it looks nice. :confused:

Nope. You use the torque more. Of course it depends on the rider, but if you use high RPMs the rear wheel would just spin. Bikes definently get more hit riding motocross and you can't forget the effect of sand.

I'd be a little worried about buying two/three year old bike which has only 35h on it. I always get the idea that when bike hasn't been ridden it also hasn't been taken care of. Owner just dumps it to the back of the garage and just lets it lay around until he/she rides again. Atleast I would ask around why it has only 35h or is the owner sure it only has 35h in it.

Nope. You use the torque more. Of course it depends on the rider, but if you use high RPMs the rear wheel would just spin. Bikes definently get more hit riding motocross and you can't forget the effect of sand.

The former owner has raced it for one year, he bought it in 06, last year the bike hasn't been used much because of all the tracks in his area had to close, he only did motocross on his crf.

I think the bike had the right maintenance, he isn't a amateur racer.

But are their some special points to look for?. Some noises or something?.

It's my first bike so, i'm pretty technical tough.

But i will ask him i have some reciepts from the maintenance done.:confused: