Sign in to follow this  

yz250f spoke nipple question(asap please)

which set of nipples is longer, the front or rear? i know one of them is. i took my wheels apart and am lacing up a new set, but got the little front/rear pieces of paper that i put on top of the nipples so i wouldnt get them confused mixed up:bonk: please help. im sure the nipples are the same on any yz250f no matter what year. i have an 07 though. please help!!!!!!

I believe the spokes are longer for the front wheel. Also, IIRC, the nipples (as you call them) are smaller for the front vs the rear wheel. Your spoke wrench should have 2 heads on it, one side fits the front (the smaller side) and the other side is the rear (the larger side).

In the future, it might be easier to lace your wheels while they are ON the bike (with the tires and tubes removed). This way you can change ONE spoke at a time and it will be much easier to "true" the wheels. :confused:

I believe the spokes are longer for the front wheel. Also, IIRC, the nipples (as you call them) are smaller for the front vs the rear wheel. Your spoke wrench should have 2 heads on it, one side fits the front (the smaller side) and the other side is the rear (the larger side).

In the future, it might be easier to lace your wheels while they are ON the bike (with the tires and tubes removed). This way you can change ONE spoke at a time and it will be much easier to "true" the wheels. :confused:

Thanks, thats what i thought i rememberd. i took a guess and just laced em up that way anyways. im glad its comfirmed though! and i know how to lace and true wheels. i just throw em on my truing stand and rip em apart and throw em together. but just getting them true(not taking them apart), i agree it is best to leave them on the bike. in this case i planned on replacing both rims. then a few days later i bought some hubs for a good deal. so im just using the oem spokes. i would just left the oem wheels together if i knew i was going to be buying new hubs too! too late:banghead: . i guess ill powdercoat and anodize the old hubs and rims to make them a pretty spare/practice set!