Finally got it back together!!!

Well I finally did it. I slapped the 250f back together yesterday :confused: Only thing is the O-ring for the water pump tube piece doesnt fit properly or something along those lines :excuseme: . She leaks coolant pretty bad. Do you think its safe if I just put gasket maker in there :excuseme:

I would not.

i vote no times 2

why not

Well there are two reasons I would imagine. The main reason would without a doubt be that a halfass job is never the right job. Just go get the correct gasket for a few dollars or a few cents and fix the problem. Also the gasket maker could somehow "chip" off and enter the coolant flow and mess up your entire system. Just go get the regular gasket and save yourself some possible misery. You don't want to ride it and lose too much coolant to blow that bad boy up and cost yourself possibly $2,000.

Well there are two reasons I would imagine. The main reason would without a doubt be that a halfass job is never the right job. Just go get the correct gasket for a few dollars or a few cents and fix the problem. Also the gasket maker could somehow "chip" off and enter the coolant flow and mess up your entire system. Just go get the regular gasket and save yourself some possible misery. You don't want to ride it and lose too much coolant to blow that bad boy up and cost yourself possibly $2,000.

Yeah all that and you might have inconsistent sealing or voids in the seal.

fair enough, thanks for the input guys.

I witnessed a guy use that gasket maker goop to reassemble his whole top end on a DR enduro, and man did it look horrible. And... it worked good enough to sell for him, but sure wouldn't have ridden or trusted or even have bought it. Although the guy who did buy it, rebuilt it again properly and it is still running good.