2006 Yz250f

Hi, i would like to know how good the '06 YZ250F is. I read some reviews and they said it is awesome, but others said it is super unreliable. I thought Yamaha was known for reliability?

they were "super unreliable" before the valve recall was done.

I checked my valves, still in spec after a year of riding almost every weekend during the summer, and periodically throughout the winter. Bike works great, I'm very happy.

My 06 has been super reliable for me :confused:

super unreliable, hmmmm no. After my recall it has been great and it was fine before that. These are very good reliable bikes you really cant go wrong. Ive been going for 2 years strong on this bike!

oh, ok. Yeah i didnt think it was completely true when i read that. So is the recall on the valves or what?

ya some of the 250fs had a bad set of vavles so they recall all the 06 bikes. mine was fin before the recall. it is still running strong and after 2 years have no problems. best bike i ever bought!!!!

oh, ok. Yeah i didnt think it was completely true when i read that. So is the recall on the valves or what?

Yeah, Yamaha had a couple bikes with a flawed center intake valve. They narrowed down which VIN numbers were bad, but to give owners piece of mind they gave everyone with that bike new valves for free. The few bikes with the bad valves were breaking the valve within the first hour of running, so if the bike has been started once and still runs, it is probably fine. It worked out well for people who had their bikes for a while, ran them, and then got free valves.

I blew mine up but it was my bad. other than that it's been nothing but happy thoughts:thumbsup:

Yea, it was nice when I had my valves replaced at about 25-30hrs. :prof:

super unreliable? no

try extremely reliable :prof:

my bikes got 2 years or so under its belt...the recall sounds nice about now...