Seal on front sprocket, 06 kx250

I have to replace the seal behind the front sprocket. Since I'm operating without a manual, I thought I would ask if there is anything special I need to do on this one. I have two o-rings and a seal, is there any particular way they need to sit in there?

Thanks

no special tool required. The books says you can use a pick.

I already have the seals out, I was just wondering if their was some special way I need to have the o rings sitting in there

lot of grease and lot of patience...

Zac

Did the seal come with the 0-rings or did you buy them separately? My seal has a small leak and i am about to order it. I've been looking in my book and schematics and it doesn't show the o-rings. Well it does show them, but only when you are looking at the inside of the tranny.

Are the 0-rings accessible from the outside?

KX250^1999^TRANSMISSION.jpg

Put the seal in the case, then put both O-rings on the shaft then the sleeve and push them all in then put the sprocket on.

Ed

Also put the bevel of the sleeve toward the O-rings.

Ed

Just so I make sure I'm hearing you right. If you open the above image and look at the numbers then I should put 92143 in, then slide the two o-rings on, then set 92143a in with the beveled side towards the rings?

Thanks

Just so I make sure I'm hearing you right. If you open the above image and look at the numbers then I should put 92143 in, then slide the two o-rings on, then set 92143a in with the beveled side towards the rings?

Thanks

Yep. And be careful not to damage the inside surface of the seal when sliding in onto the shaft.

I figured it out, Somehow I was missing the metal collar and hadn't noticed. I was wondering how just the seal and two -rings was going to work. Thanks guys