Sign in to follow this  

Replacement screws for cvk34 float bowl

I'm going to re-jet my KLX300. I recall some thread a while back where someone recommended replacing the stock phillips head screws with hex drive ones so the bowl is easier to get on and off w/o removing the carb.

Does anyone know a part number for these, or a screw size number? Every time I take a screw like this to home depot and try to get something that matches, I never seem to get it right.

Thanks.

Does anyone know a part number for these, or a screw size number? Every time I take a screw like this to home depot and try to get something that matches, I never seem to get it right.

Thanks.

Kawasaki has wised up, and no longer puts the screw specifications on its exploded parts diagram parts lists . . . a suggestion; take a screw to the METRIC machine screw parts bin at the hardware store or whatever, and . . . find first a NUT compatible with your screw, then, select new Allen-head screws that also fit the nut, of appropriate length . . .

DO NOT QUOTE ME, but . . . I THINK you're looking for 4 mm X 1.0 pitch screws . . . a rather dubious guess, so don't count on it.

With an appropriate nut, commonly threaded to the new and the old screws, don't think there's a lot of room for slip-ups.

Home depot doesn't carry them. You need to go to a more specialized hardware store. Bring in one of the screws with you. You'll easily be able to match it up.

PS - just an ugly reminder that leaves me sweating and sleepless on some nights.......when pulling off the breather tube so that removing the bowl will be easier make SURE to plug or tape over the hole. Many of those screws are brass and once they fall into that hole...........

it's time to split the cases. AAAaaaarrrrggggghhhhh! :confused: