Sign in to follow this  

To Stand or Not to Stand?

Hey all....quick question and some opinions please.

What are your thoughts on always keeping a bike on an elevated stand? I always have, just wondering......I see a lot of guys that just keep them on a kickstand..is there any advantage to having the bike up on a stand?

I keep mine on a stand always. No pressure on any suspension components and no tires sitting on the ground with pressure points. Seems simple to me. No harm no foul:thumbsup:

I keep mine on the stand if it is staying put for more than a couple of hours.

i no longer have my lil triangle that came with my bike.. damn thing broke.. but none the less i always keep mine on the stand... no pressure points and it takes the load off the suspension.

yea i also always keep mine of the stand. i herd its bad for the springs to leave the weight of the bike on them

yea i also always keep mine of the stand. i herd its bad for the springs to leave the weight of the bike on them

I always use the triangle stand, I heard keeping them on an elevated stand is bad for the suspension due to hyperextension of the components... :confused:

its a frigging mx bike stop acting like its 18 year old virgin.

stand, no stand, it doesn't matter, these thing are like tanks, if you

can jump a 120ft table top, do you really think that if the bike is on a triangle

for "2 hours" its going to hurt any thing?

if you keep it on a kickstand or triangle just move it every month or so

so the tire wont get a flat spot, thats it. nothing is going to happen to the

forks or shock.

look at streetbikes, the majority of them are not on stands, do you see any problams there?

IMHO, if your bike IS going to be sitting there for a while, a stand is a good idea. No pressure points on the tires or suspension. However, if it's only on the triangle for a few days, I don't think you have to worry.

When storing my bike, I use the stand. When it's sitting in the garage during riding season, I use the triangle.

can jump a 120ft table top, do you really think that if the bike is on a triangle

forks or shock.

look at streetbikes, the majority of them are not on stands, do you see any problams there?

that's it, take the fun out of this thread... come on, this is some serious stuff right here...:confused:

forks or shock.

I like to think of my bike as an 18 year old virgin; fresh, fun to ride, its ok to be gentle but prefers to be ridden fast and hard! Gets dirty after a while. :confused:

I usually leave mine on the stand but as of right now its not. Shouldnt be a problem since the all it is as of now is a rolling chassis without the subrame or any plastics or tank.

I always use center stands. It's easier to work on bikes when they are on stands, and they work better at the track then triangles do. (Uneven ground and what not)

99% of the bikes in our dealership are on kickstands or triangle stands. I hope they didn't get ruined over the winter.:confused:

99% of the bikes in our dealership are on kickstands or triangle stands. I hope they didn't get ruined over the winter.:confused:
Liability issues what they are and all, you'd probably better not sell them now just to be safe. I'll be right over to help cart them away for you, to "be disposed of" properly...:excuseme:

I actually don't own any of these machines...just for the record. I used "our" in a very loose manner.:confused: