HELP!! Summer ankle coverage issues!

Well, I know we've got some Imelda Marcos types on TT, so I thought I'd see what my fellow thumpettes suggestions were for my coming fashion dilemma...

For the remainder of the year, I'm going to have to wear my compression garments on my calves/ankles. Basically, they look like tight knee-highs, in different possible colors... insurance only pays for two pairs every three months, so I'll have one black pair, one 'suntan'.

Not sure what I'm going to do in the summer! It gets to be over 100 degrees here in July/August. My options are knee high socks in cute little patterns with tennis shoes (can we say '70s high school??), or boots, like one of these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7192677/c/93521.html

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7277364/c/2572.html

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7134517/c/106.html

I think I like the first two options best, I'm not much of a moccasin girl, I think... and I'm trying to stay away from heels, I'm trying to think of what I can do for casual shorts/summer dress wear, I already have tall dress boots with heels I wear with my suits at work...

But both options (socks or boots) sound so HOT. :confused:

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

hmmm ... will the sweat you'll get under the boots screw up the compression sleeves or damage the skin underneath? Because you will sweat I am guessing ...

how about mid-calf loose skirts or capri pants with open toed shoes? I am guessing that if you can't see the line where the compression thingy ends, it won't be as obvious, right?

Otherwise, I kind of liked the last two. :confused:

Oh those logger boots are AWESOME! I'm drooling! Somebody buy me some RIGHT NOW!

Do your socks come up to the knees? have you looked at cowboy boots? They make some that are for dress and they come up farther to the and look cute with dresses(at least I think so...)

Oh those logger boots are AWESOME! I'm drooling! Somebody buy me some RIGHT NOW!

Do your socks come up to the knees? have you looked at cowboy boots? They make some that are for dress and they come up farther to the and look cute with dresses(at least I think so...)

Oh good call. I love the look of western boots with dresses. I need to go dig out and dust off mine :confused:

Did you see them in PINK? :confused:

I'm not really a cowboy boot type of girl, unfortunately... but, I have been looking, and found a whole BUNCH of knee high socks that are just super cute! Like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230232708526&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

Its a rather 'goth' type look for the central Valley, but much more 'me'... and probably cooler than boots, so I'll probably go that route! Cheaper, too, I can get 24 pairs of knee high socks in different colors for $50...

Cant you just wear the compression sock with some sandles? Who cares if it shows? Didnt your cast show? I sure wouldnt want it all hot and sweaty in a boot. Loose cotton pants over the compression socks with sandles? With a nice pedicure of course lol

I'm w/Sun... who give's a rip of the bandage shows. I'd pick comfort over fashion attempts that make me even slightly uncomfortable any day! You earned the wounds, wear the bandages w/pride. :excuseme:

BUT, a cute broomstick skirt is nice w/some sandals... they are long enough that you don't see much beyond feet when standing, and seated in public you're usually sitting at a table to hide your tootsies under. I love broomstick skirts because they are SUPPOSED to be wrinkled. I hate ironing! Nice and cool, baby! If you can't find them in regular stores, western stores (tack shops) will usually have a few... and they don't scream 'cowgirl'... I promise! :confused:

Boots might be too warm. I think the socks are a better choice and will give you more options.

Cant you just wear the compression sock with some sandles? Who cares if it shows? Didnt your cast show? I sure wouldnt want it all hot and sweaty in a boot. Loose cotton pants over the compression socks with sandles? With a nice pedicure of course lol

I think covering it is as much for me as anyone else... I don't like to be reminded of it! And I think making something 'fun' out of it helps my spirits... buying new stuff is always fun! :confused: (Hi, my name is DJ, and I'm a shop-a-holic!)

Just bought four pairs of knee high socks off of ebay with skulls & crossbones on 'em... :excuseme:

I like the first boot link! Those are awesome!

After my grafts I had to wear a one legged pant. Basically shorts on one side and a full leg with booty on the other. I too couldn't wear shorts out. Besides explaining it to everyone, I was too self conscious about the whole thing. I just wore loose fitting cargo pants or khaki's. I had a linen pair that was comfortable. I wish I could of wore a long sun dress or something like that. That would of been nice in 80-90 degrees with high humidity. I think those or the socks would be better options from the boots. Along with sweating I think the boots would rub a lot on your leg.

That skin there doesn't heal right if it gets damaged. My wife, girlfriend at the time, accidently bumped my leg with her shoe and it peeled the skin away pretty easily. I have a dark spot now where the skin was damaged.

The sox are cute l2f! Thow on a pair of white converse and you'll be stylin'. They're selling some cool new ones at Target. Don't forget about 'toe socks'... you can get away with wearing some flip flops with those.