OHV Volunteers help OPEN Georgetown/Rock Creek

The Eastside is open. Conditions are excellent. Thanks to Skipro3, Oldedude and Rockhounder, we cleared some 20 tree falls from many trails on the eastside. The Rangers opened it today at 2 pm.

oldedude after a hard days night working the trails....jammin on the eastside

skipro went out on his own and cleared some nasty logs on trail 6

oldedude and Rockhounder doing the dirty work

big smiles, great day

Skipro you da man!

have chainsaw will work for rides

GOOD dirt!

Nice pics Bob. Thanks for posting them. Also glad you figgered out how to view your photos!!

The Eastside is open. Conditions are excellent. Thanks to Skipro3, Oldedude and Rockhounder, we cleared some 20 tree falls from many trails on the eastside. The Rangers opened it today at 2 pm.

oldedude after a hard days night working the trails....jammin on the eastside

skipro went out on his own and cleared some nasty logs on trail 6

oldedude and Rockhounder doing the dirty work

big smiles, great day

Skipro you da man!

have chainsaw will work for rides

GOOD dirt!

To all that contributed to clearing the trails today up on the east side trails thanks. I appreciate the hard work you guys did :confused:

Thanks for posting the pics BigBob. :confused:

The three of us, BigBob, Rockhounder, and myself, were able to clear many small trees, a few medium sized trees, and one big rotten oak from the trails on our own. We just had one small folding saw and our three bodies though, so it sure was a good thing that SkiPro was up there with his chainsaw to do some of the heavier work. There are still some trees that were just too much for us in a few places, but the FS should be able to get those out soon.

The conditions were really pretty damn good ............ But GEORGETOWN STILL SUCKS! :excuseme:

Georgetown reaks. Hey let's have a funny name to this ride. Lets call it The Slyko no go Ride :confused:

Here's the only pic I have of the skipper....

148cr2.jpg

How about the "moon"raker ride......

perfect. my wife will love that.

PS: YamahaGinger is here ( wifeypoo) and wants to know why the hell are you looking at my ass? :confused:

Not only looking, but he's shaking pretty good too...... Hand check!!!!

Thanks for the hard work. I enjoyed the eastside fri afternoon

skipro3,

Sorry we couldn't help. We tried to find you after meeting Jon Jue at the Ranger station. We stopped in to sign up as volunteers and all went well...till we got lost. He said to go look for you on 9 and I thought we were but.....

For what it's worth, we did stop and remove any small stuff that was moveable with a little grunt work.

Later in the day we had two other guys join us that knew their way around and went for a killer ride on 1. I'm sore as hell but it was worth it.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't help more, maybe next time.

Chad

You missed a couple on the lower section of trail 10, we got them today. Lots of people (and quads) at Mace mills.

skipro3,

Sorry we couldn't help. We tried to find you after meeting Jon Jue at the Ranger station. We stopped in to sign up as volunteers and all went well...till we got lost. He said to go look for you on 9 and I thought we were but.....

For what it's worth, we did stop and remove any small stuff that was moveable with a little grunt work.

Later in the day we had two other guys join us that knew their way around and went for a killer ride on 1. I'm sore as hell but it was worth it.

Chad

I was over on 6, not 9. Thanks for pitching in where you could. It's all good. Be sure to let Jon know how many hours you put in. E-mail him the info. It all helps with funding money, our labor hours. I cleared one big log jam on 1, the short section from the 5 Corners over to where 6 meets up with it. See you out there next time Chad.

skipro3,

Chad

thanks for Volunteerin, get your name on Jon Jue's email list for future work days notices.

SACBERG and all: YES FORESTHILL IS CLOSED so the quads will be invading georgetown till FH opens. I will be talking with FH rangers this week about april work parties to get FH open as soon as possible.

Thanks Guys for all your hard work:applause:

I have a crew going up next weekend for both days to do

some trail work. And yes GTOWN SUCKS!!!!

Kraig Traum

D36 Enduro Steward

CERA President

I have Friday off and might check to see if Jon has more trees to take out that he knows of. Anyone else up to ride Friday, 28th?

Chad

That much effort in itself can add up and be a big help with getting trails cleared!:confused:

OK, not to hijack the thread, but I need some cool ideas on how to carry a chainsaw on a bike (or pack) that you guys use.

We will be doing some clearing on the Mendocino (Stonyford) soon and I am open to any cool ideas to safely carry a small chainsaw for trail work.

Whats the best way you have found so far ????

I'd be happy to help clear trails, just PM me anytime. I just need good directions to the place, I'm kinda new to the whole dirt bike scene and aren't familiar with a lot of places yet.

I also have this Friday off, was leaning towards a day trip on the street bike but I'd prefer something in the dirt.

OK, not to hijack the thread, but I need some cool ideas on how to carry a chainsaw on a bike (or pack) that you guys use.

We will be doing some clearing on the Mendocino (Stonyford) soon and I am open to any cool ideas to safely carry a small chainsaw for trail work.

Whats the best way you have found so far ????

Skipro3 has a pretty nice setup, light 16" chainsaw in a full size backpack. The pack had room for a couple of small handsaws and misc stuff too. :confused:

Personally I haven't come up with a way to carry a chainsaw myself, I usually ride to locate, then drive and hike in with the saw. :excuseme: