Sign in to follow this  

Pitster opinions

So, does anybody else feel like all the stock components on the pitsters are REALLY stiff, or dont have much in the way of movement on the breaks. It's really bothersome to lock the wheel with a slight tap of the thing... I still love the bike, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to put on the :confused: foot pegs properly. I know I'm a pit bike noob but, does anybody know how to put 'em on?

So, does anybody else feel like all the stock components on the pitsters are REALLY stiff, or dont have much in the way of movement on the breaks. It's really bothersome to lock the wheel with a slight tap of the thing... I still love the bike, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to put on the :confused: foot pegs properly. I know I'm a pit bike noob but, does anybody know how to put 'em on?

Bleed or Change or both the brake fluid... with Dot 4 and then adjust to suit your riding style.

My Pegs came on the bike and had zip ties to hold them up

Yea, mine come in a bunch of little parts, with some weird spring.... thing...

I'll go get a piture of it

I have the pics, but is there a way to have them show in the thread, not as a hyperlink, to, like, photobucket?

photobucket, then copy and past the image link below the pic into the thread

peg.jpg

this is looking down on the right footpeg from the back. hope it helps if you havent' already gotten it

yea, I got it, but the spring is a little to big, so it engages when the peg is around 60 or 70 degrees up... any ideas how to make it fit better?

Be careful. I got a set of pitster footpegs and got two right side springs and have never been able to get a left hand spring replacement.

The springs are definitely different right to left. The one that did fit on the right side, works very stiffly (which is how I like it) The peg only goes up maybe 30 degrees before it gets very hard to move it further. So if you don't get tension until 70 degrees up you have a problem.

I will take a pic in the morning with my macro cam. Should be clear. How knows, maybe you have two left springs and we can do a swap.

Be careful. I got a set of pitster footpegs and got two right side springs and have never been able to get a left hand spring replacement.

The springs are definitely different right to left. The one that did fit on the right side, works very stiffly (which is how I like it) The peg only goes up maybe 30 degrees before it gets very hard to move it further. So if you don't get tension until 70 degrees up you have a problem.

I will take a pic in the morning with my macro cam. Should be clear. How knows, maybe you have two left springs and we can do a swap.

I have springs in stock, Give me a call

Gary

I have springs in stock, Give me a call

Gary

gary,

this is was one of our last orders. I have emailed you twice and chris on it and you said you would take care of it but never did.:confused: now since he posted online you want to help him.

im not 100% sure if either pitsters with footpeg problems here are my customers

but feel free to contact me about getting this issue resolved

IMG_4060.jpg

thats where the peg spring engages

IMG_4057.jpg

thats the gap between the spring and peg (under the right peg, looking up)

that spring is for the other side,it's in backwards

Indeed it is. That flat, straight end of the spring should be over the top of the footpeg with the hooked end hooking over the side of the pegmount.