Sign in to follow this  

02 250 Spooge

I have been trying to fix my spooge problem on my bike, but to no avail. :confused: Everything on the carb is in the stock setup, the reeds are fine, and I am mixing 32:1.

One thing I noticed about the clip position, the manual says to put it into the 2nd clip position. But looking on MXA's web page it says they ran the clip in the 5th position on the 02. This is a huge difference.

Anybody else with an 02 figure out a setup to get rid of the spooge? My elevation is about 1,000 ft.

Thanks.

I'm in WA at sea level but ride between 300-1800 feet. I have an 04. I run a 172MJ, N3EJ needle in second clip, 45PJ, Air Screw at 1.5 for now, 32:1.

Spooge free but only recently. The change that made the big difference was the smaller pilot as my ride on 12/27 in the snow with a 172MJ and 48 PJ resulted in visible black oil SPRAYING out the exhaust and quite visible in the snow.:confused:

When was the last time you did a top end? Usually this is my first indicator assuming that jetting is correct. Maybe you need to re-ring it.

When was the last time you did a top end? Usually this is my first indicator assuming that jetting is correct. Maybe you need to re-ring it.

Great. No I don't know if my jetting change got rid of the spooge or my top end replacement.:confused: Also put on a new pipe and silencer too.

That's why you should only mod one thing at a time. :excuseme: :excuseme:

The best advice I got for cutting down on spooge was to ride in a higher gear and to quit lugging it. The engine wants to be hot to be able to burn all of the oil in the gas. Pull your spark plug and check the color. If it's a tan color the jetting is right and you're running it hot enough.

The best advice I got for cutting down on spooge was to ride in a higher gear and to quit lugging it. The engine wants to be hot to be able to burn all of the oil in the gas. Pull your spark plug and check the color. If it's a tan color the jetting is right and you're running it hot enough.

I think he means lower gear:excuseme:

I think he means lower gear:excuseme:

Yep, you're right. I meant a higher revving gear.