Sign in to follow this  

Drop in performance piston available?

Ok, curiosity was killing me. After reading the E base gasket mod post, it made me think of something. Is there a company that offers a stock bore performance piston? Possibly one that bumps up the compression that doesn't require anything else except for maybe jetting adjustments?

I too have wanted to do the E base gasket mod, but feel the same way as many others do. Too much work to do it unless you're doing something else. Anyone know of anything? I would consider doing a piston/base gasket swap if the gains were worth it. Hopefully if there is one available, it would cost a bit less than say a big bore kit.

Eddie, any opinions on this?

IIRC, there is a 13.5 piston for the stock bore. Check here

You will of course need to either get a set of cams from rhc or mix your gas 50/50 with race gas.

Weisco makes a stock bore 13.5 CR piston. I've run two of them. Not much more power, and that coupled with HOTCAMS stage 2 cams and the BSR36 carb.. = jetting issues. I could work around one issue only to run into another. I could have worked though it, but had an FCR on the way, so never really gave it a good run.

If you really want a drop in performance, just try a do it yourself port and polish on the head. :confused:

If you really want a drop in performance, just try a do it yourself port and polish on the head. :confused:

***?!?!?!?! there are very few people in this country with the knowledge, experience, and the tools to properly port heads. The drz head is actually pretty good from what I hear. So the average person would have to get extremely lucky, or much more likely, would totally screw up their head.

If you really want a drop in performance, just try a do it yourself port and polish on the head. :excuseme:

I think Rib Eye was being a smart ass. :confused: I too read "drop in performance" in the title and wondered why would you want a decrease in performance. As a fellow smart ass I can recognize such dry humor.

I think Rib Eye was being a smart ass. :confused: I too read "drop in performance" in the title and wondered why would you want a decrease in performance. As a fellow smart ass I can recognize such dry humor.

Wow, can't believe I didn't pick up on that.....must be one of those days:banghead:

Wow, can't believe I didn't pick up on that.....must be one of those days:banghead:
lol,it took me a few reads to figure it out.should of said bolt on performance:ride: