Spark plug change

The wrench in the owner's tool kit makes it a piece of cake. If you don't have one, yeah, it won't go very good at all.

What year & YZ/WR are we talking about? On my 05 WR & YZ, I can pull the plug w the tank in place.

yeah that tool is awesome, the spoke wrench connects to it as well

I have the following process:

Pull plug wire off

Put 5/8" socket in the hole

Put extension in the hole

Put swiveling extension on top of that if needed

Put rachet on extension

Loosen until it's good to go

Remove all extensions

Grab plug with spark plug boot

This assume that you don't have the swiveling socket, that makes the job a hell of a lot easier. I have one now (came with my FZ6) but I didn't before. I did it the way I just described.

should have came with a folding type spark plug wrench you can change the plug without removing the fuel tank - it has rubber insert inside which will allow you to grab the plug and pull it out, as well as hold the new plug and allow you to put it back in.... good tool... should come with the purchase of a new bike, along with a spoke wrench, needle removing tool, a few jets, a service manual, and thats it i think....

5/8" plug socket i believe(if you lost the one that came with the bike). a deepwell could work too. there are small threads on the top of the plug that thread into the rubber boot. when removing the plug, disconnect the rubber boot from the wire harness thing and kinda of unscrew the rubber boot off the sparkplug, then take the plug out. vice-verse for installing it. check your plug gap prior to installing-(.028"-.031"). u could just rip the rubber boot off the plug, and jam it on the plug instead of threading on/off, but i dont see y u would want to do that. idk, should be a super easy task.

you dont need the plug wrench that comes with the bike. its actually pretty cheap anyways. especially for $12. just use a 5/8" plug socket with a small extension. heck, u can use ur fingers or some needle nose pliers to get the plug out. just dont drop it back in though(u can still use your fingers to put it back in, just be gentle with it.)