HELP! shock leaks when my engine is running!

HELP!

I have an 06' rm250 that I just had the rear shock seal replaced because when I went to start it this winter the seal let loose... So I have the shock serviced and when I put it all back together today and started the bike the shock started to leak. So I shut the bike off and inspect the leak it has stopped. I start the bike again and the shock starts leaking out of the seal.

Has anybody had this problem or have any ideas. The shock is going back to the shop that serviced it on Monday.

Thanks.

the vibration of the motor is probably making the oil drip so that you can see it. Either way, take it back to the place that rebuilt it and have them look at it.

HELP!

I have an 06' rm250 that I just had the rear shock seal replaced because when I went to start it this winter the seal let loose... So I have the shock serviced and when I put it all back together today and started the bike the shock started to leak. So I shut the bike off and inspect the leak it has stopped. I start the bike again and the shock starts leaking out of the seal.

Has anybody had this problem or have any ideas. The shock is going back to the shop that serviced it on Monday.

Thanks.

Was the shock shaft bushing replaced...... If not have them replace it.... There were issues with tollerances with the stock bushing in 05 and 06. Allowing oil to pass between the shaft and the bushing.

You sure it's not fuel dripping from the carb vent hoses?

Thanks Russ17, I was thinking in that direction. Thanks to ktm-lew and rks1 as well. I will be taking the shock back on Monday and from now on will be doing my own work on my bikes to avoid this headache again.

You sure it's not fuel dripping from the carb vent hoses?

Funny thing you would say that... A couple years ago, A guy came up to me and said his shock was blown. oil all over the shaft. told me go ahead and fix it....When I benched tested it there was no signs of leaking. He told me to go ahead and service it and I did, put a new seal in it... After his second moto he comes back saying the shock was leaking again. Did the push on the bike felt good. I said it's not blown, but he insisted that it was leaking. I asked him if he changed his oil and he commented yes. (long story ) Well it ended up that he over filled his oil and the oil was comming from the vent hose..

So good point Lew:worthy: