Sign in to follow this  

Sunl 250cc Quad

If you had the opportunity to pick up a sunl 250cc quad for $300 that is almost new from a friend would you? The quad was bought new last summer and ridden twice. It is a 2006 model though and needs a new seat. My buddy will sell it to me for 300 only because he needs the cash asap otherwise he would keep it. Anyone seen any reviews on these or ever owned one? i am scared because I have heard all of the horror stories from sunl pitbike owners. i love my ssr's but as far as quads are concerned I always buy used japs..... any true response is appreciated. please no bashing

If you had the opportunity to pick up a sunl 250cc quad for $300 that is almost new from a friend would you? The quad was bought new last summer and ridden twice. It is a 2006 model though and needs a new seat. My buddy will sell it to me for 300 only because he needs the cash asap otherwise he would keep it. Anyone seen any reviews on these or ever owned one? i am scared because I have heard all of the horror stories from sunl pitbike owners. i love my ssr's but as far as quads are concerned I always buy used japs..... any true response is appreciated. please no bashing

The problem with the SunL is that rather than use the "standard" Chinese parts that most if the the others do (Lifan,Locin,Shineray have many interchangable parts) SunL has taken the "Make it unique" approach and not in a good way. A Chinabike forum I frequent doesn't normally recommend SunL for these reasons. If it's running and in reasonable shape, then 300$ is a good price. If it's in need of parts or care, then you may want to look elsewhere. (Yes, I own 4 chinabikes so I'm reasonably qualified to respond.)

parts for scooters.com carries sunl parts,

also atvpartsusa.com as well,

i agree if it runs good and does'nt need parts 300 is a deal

Atvpartsusa.com's website has many parts listed, but I've yet to have any luck getting a part from them. Every order I've ever placed has been ignored/never shipped. I've had to cancel orders from them 3 times do to non-response.

i'm experiencing atvpartsusa is quite slow, not shipping an order, i put in an order for my sons 125 quad and ! ? well they gave me an tracking # that UPS says does'nt exist , Hummm !