Sign in to follow this  

2007 crf 250

My local dealer has a really good price on an 07 250 new and I wanted to know the good and bad with the bike? I'm 6'3" and 195 pds. I'll mostly do offroad and some trail and just a little mx so i'm i to big for the bike? Also I've heard that honda has a bog problem with the 250 if true what's the cure?

they have a bog, but it is not that bad, it only happens you go from idle to full throttle in a instant. the cure is a aftermarket AP and mabey a jet by the JD kit, you will love the bike

I'm 6' 200# and I went from a 450 down to a 250 and love it. I ride mostly woods, hare scrambles, and a little moto. It has all of the power I need, just get your suspension set up right for you no matter which bike you get.

Thanks for the reply Berm. Anyone else with some good info?

Get it and take $250 (some of what you've saved on the purchase price) rip the carb off and send it to Tokyo Mods and you're good to go. Well, you'll be good to go when they send the carb back. I now like my 07 as much as I liked my 05... and I loved that bike.

Get it and take $250 (some of what you've saved on the purchase price) rip the carb off and send it to Tokyo Mods and you're good to go. Well, you'll be good to go when they send the carb back. I now like my 07 as much as I liked my 05... and I loved that bike.

Or the other option is just buy the R&D bowl.

Or the other option is just buy the R&D bowl.

or the OTHER option is to send your carb to Zip Ty Racing and spend only 100.00 for a carb mod.

or the OTHER option is to send your carb to Zip Ty Racing and spend only 100.00 for a carb mod.

How is the zip ty mod? I just picked up a 07 a couple weeks ago and the bog is straight up nasty. I have heard the tokyo mods mod is insane but don't want to spend $250 if $100 at zip ty gets the job done

I have an 08 and all I did was put in a size 45 leak jet, and rejet the main to a 168. I put in an adjustable zip ty fuel screw and adjusted it properly.

When the bike is warm/at operating temperature. Most of the time I can wack the throttle from zero to full without it bogging. (sitting still in neutral/on the stand)

So for your 07 I suggest trying out a size 40 or 45 leak jet, adjusting your fuel screw properly and then try out the bike again. To set the fuel screw, turn it in (leaner) until the bike idles down and runs rough. Now turn it out (richer) until the bike idles the highest and runs the crispest. Test by blipping the throttle.

Another suggestion is to set the idle slightly higher. And don't ride too low in the rev range. Because on any bike if you are in the low end of the rev range and then rapidly open the throttle it probably will bog.

How is the zip ty mod? I just picked up a 07 a couple weeks ago and the bog is straight up nasty. I have heard the tokyo mods mod is insane but don't want to spend $250 if $100 at zip ty gets the job done

I couldnt tell you, since I dont have it yet but have heard great reviews about it.

I couldnt tell you, since I dont have it yet but have heard great reviews about it.

While you're touting mods, you haven't even "seen/felt" for yourself, I've paid, ridden and frig'n can't believe the TM mod that has been done on my bike. If I had (10) 07 CRF250Rs, I'd have a bill @ TM for each of the (10) bikes.

Not really trying to beat on you, but you tout the zip-ty stuf, but haven't even done it??? :confused:

While you're touting mods, you haven't even "seen/felt" for yourself, I've paid, ridden and frig'n can't believe the TM mod that has been done on my bike. If I had (10) 07 CRF250Rs, I'd have a bill @ TM for each of the (10) bikes.

Not really trying to beat on you, but you tout the zip-ty stuf, but haven't even done it??? :confused:

I was just giving another option to save some dough. Geez:excuseme: . Im sure The tokyo mods carb mod is great but not everyone has the money. Im sure the modifications are pretty similar at both companies.What do I know though.:excuseme:

Ok...... :excuseme:

I know more than you think for my age. Wait. You meant the first thing in a different kind a way:banghead: nevermind. :confused:

Wow! Thanks for all the great info from everyone. But even though the price is really good about $4800 otd I kinda hate to buy a new bike that already has a little problem, instead of enjoying my new bike I will worry about fixing the bog before I can really enjoy it.

Huge waste of money. Tokyo mods it way overpriced. Some of the things you can do yourself.

I have an 08 and all I did was put in a size 45 leak jet, and rejet the main to a 168. I put in an adjustable zip ty fuel screw and adjusted it properly.

When the bike is warm/at operating temperature. Most of the time I can wack the throttle from zero to full without it bogging. (sitting still in neutral/on the stand)

So for your 07 I suggest trying out a size 40 or 45 leak jet, adjusting your fuel screw properly and then try out the bike again. To set the fuel screw, turn it in (leaner) until the bike idles down and runs rough. Now turn it out (richer) until the bike idles the highest and runs the crispest. Test by blipping the throttle.

Another suggestion is to set the idle slightly higher. And don't ride too low in the rev range. Because on any bike if you are in the low end of the rev range and then rapidly open the throttle it probably will bog.

Exactly.