2008 SG-10's

What is the difference in weight between the SG10 and the Tech 7? Also, I may be looking into the SG10, how much heavier/lighter are they from Fox F3?

My SG-10's will be here Thurs. so I'll let you know how

heavy they feel compared to my Tech 8's, if that's any help.

No I didn't go, still waiting to get my suspension back from GP.

Thanks for the input on the boots.

I had GP do my last couple of bikes with the Rapid V valves. What a difference it made. I just got my suspension back from MX Tech on Friday for my CRF. I'll be trying it out at Diamondback tomorrow.

What is the difference in weight between the SG10 and the Tech 7? Also, I may be looking into the SG10, how much heavier/lighter are they from Fox F3?

I'm not sure what the difference in weight is but when I picked them up I could tell the difference. Maybe you won't notice it as much in the smaller sizes but in a 13 boot you could. I Had SIDI Vortex boots before the SG 10s and they were lighter than both but they didn't hold up well.

Hmm well got my boots last night.

Pretty nice, but too much flex in the ankle. I'm going to put them

on E-bay and get a new pair of Tech 8's.

I'm just not so sure about this trend of hinged ankles in boots.

You're supposed to have to lift your whole leg to upshift.

I want my ankle area as stiff as possible so I don't rip my

achilles tendon in half when I land off a jump on the balls of my feet

by accident.

I bought size 11 and they fit perfect length wise, but the space

above my toes was so great I'd have to put 3 sole liners in.

Weight wise they seem same as my Tech 8's.

I got a buddy a pair of SG10s last year since I could get a deal on them for him.

Well, he only wore them once and then had me sell them on eBay. The toe box of the boot was so tall, he couldn't get it under the shifter properly, even after adjusting the shifter this position.

Yeah, I know a lot of people like the SG10s and I may even look into getting a pair. But this guy has been racing for 40 years, so he knows his stuff.

When I put those SG10s alongside my Fox Pro Forma, the toe area was noticeably taller.

I got a buddy a pair of SG10s last year since I could get a deal on them for him.

Well, he only wore them once and then had me sell them on eBay. The toe box of the boot was so tall, he couldn't get it under the shifter properly, even after adjusting the shifter this position.

Yeah, I know a lot of people like the SG10s and I may even look into getting a pair. But this guy has been racing for 40 years, so he knows his stuff.

When I put those SG10s alongside my Fox Pro Forma, the toe area was noticeably taller.

I hate a tall toe box. I'd wear the SG10 if it wasn't for that and their heavy weight. I've worn the SG1 for years and they have been great with their short toe box and light weight. Too bad Gaerne quit making them. The Cypher is a cheaper version of the SG1 so I just bought a pair of them. They aren't as nice as old SG1 but they close and they cost a lot less.