Sign in to follow this  

Radiator brace question

This may seem like a dumb question, but when you buy radiator braces, do you have to buy two separate ones? I was looking at Devol and Works Connection and it appears that there's only one per pack.

Does this mean I need to buy two?

Thanks for your help!

don't get the works connection braces they are useless.

+1

if your looking for braces that will keep your radiator from bending so easy works connection SUCK. you can bend them with your fingers

Works Connection came in a pair. I have had them on my 06CRF450 for 2 years now. Of the few crashes and dumps in turns they appear to have done thier job.

I have to say though, my buddy got the Moose Rad braces. He said they were hard to put on, but they are and awesome design and are very strong!

don't get the works connection braces they are useless.

I don't know why he hates WC, but they're excellent and I've had on multiple race bikes. They fit perfectly and will prevent a lot of likely radiator damage. I know mine have. They come in pairs.

NO brace will prevent rad damage in every crash as sooner or later you crash exactly wrong.

I don't know why he hates WC, but they're excellent and I've had on multiple race bikes. They fit perfectly and will prevent a lot of likely radiator damage. I know mine have. They come in pairs.

NO brace will prevent rad damage in every crash as sooner or later you crash exactly wrong.

well those WC braces allowed 45 leaks in my brothers 07 bike.

well i have the WC braces on my yzf 250 and they have done their job very well. No movement visually or structurally that i have seen so far. fingers crossed.

well those WC braces allowed 45 leaks in my brothers 07 bike.

They're BRACES, not GUARDS. A big difference.

I ran WC Rad Braces on my 05 CRF450X, and was happy with them. They were designed to prevent twisting or bending in a crash. I didn't go with radiator guards (like DeVol) because I was worried about airflow blockage.

That said, I just installed a pair of Moose Racing Radiator Cages on my 07 Yz450F. They were a pain to install, because the coolant must be drained AND the stock rad braces (really just there for looks, they're very bendable aluminum) have to come off. I haven't been able to ride with them yet though, and I hope I don't crash test them (yeah, right :confused: ).

yes, i kknow but they arent worth the price imo...kindof a hoax if u ask me...go with moose rad cages def.

This may seem like a dumb question, but when you buy radiator braces, do you have to buy two separate ones? I was looking at Devol and Works Connection and it appears that there's only one per pack.

Does this mean I need to buy two?

Thanks for your help!

What type of riding do you enjoy?

Each style braces/guards has pro & cons...(by the way, almost always a full set, one each side, to the package)

Exceptions would be CR/YZ/RM/KX 80-85's...only one rad to protect, therefore one guard per package.

General recommendations:

WC for MX/SX/track riding.

Devol, Moose or similar full "cage" type protection works well in HS, Enduro, or especially rocky environments.

i love my BRACES and know for a fact they save alot of damage ,my dumb ass accidentaly dropped my bike when unloading it and it hit really f%$$#n hard on the side of my bed and it hit hard and if i wouldnt have had the braces it would have bent the left rad. really bad,they are great and for 50 bucks its a good preventative easy bolt on addition.