Sign in to follow this  

new paint and powdercoat.

i finally got it all put back together and its finally running right. i put about 100 miles on her today and it was great. the only thing that i want to do now is all new suspension......but the wife tells me i dont have enough money.:confused:

the pictures really dont do the wheels justice....oh well

wheels2.jpg

done3.jpg

done5.jpg

done2.jpg

done4.jpg

done7.jpg

done6.jpg

-shaun h

I see what looks like flat stick on weights on you're wheel. Did you balance the tire yourself? If you did, where did you buy the weights from? I had my balanced for 7 bucks each on my S, want to see if it is worth my time to balance myself or if the expense is too much when I add in my time.

hombre

Dude, you jerk. All black with red rims was going to be my winter project next winter!:confused:

Oh well, now I have to do something different, look pretty good though. At least I know I have good DRZ fashion sense.

I see what looks like flat stick on weights on you're wheel. Did you balance the tire yourself? If you did, where did you buy the weights from? I had my balanced for 7 bucks each on my S, want to see if it is worth my time to balance myself or if the expense is too much when I add in my time.

hombre

no i didnt balance them, the local honda dealership did. infact they trued the wheels and mounted and balanced for 50$ total. i couldnt pass it up.

Did you paint your tank? What type of paint was used? Thanks!

every thing in balck has been repainted....the bike used to be yellow.

i just bought some ready to spray flat black from the local automotive paint supply. i wanna say it was around 10-20$ for the quart. i also bought a cheap HLVP cup gun from my local Lowes and turned my garage into a spraybooth.

-shaun h

hmmm.. thank you what an idea. I have a hvlp sprayer in my garage that I havent used yet... hmmm

well, first lets see how "whitie" looks when I am finished..

What is up with that seat?

its the SDG tall seat. hard as rock and i love it...the stocker was too soft(yes i prefer a firmer seat) and short for my long legs plus i dont slide around on it.

shaun h

for the plastic and tank i just sanded them down until it was dull.....no sheen. on the plastics, after sanding, i used a plastic adhesion promoter, then filler primer, then paint. on the tank i just went straight to a filler primer then paint. dont forget that cleaning the part is the most important part of prep work, keep it clean at all times. (tack cloths are your friends)

it was all pretty easy plus this was my second time to paint the bike...if you have a free weekend day and nice weather you can do it in your garage in a few hours.

for those of you that are wondering all in all i spent less than 550 bucks

that includes the powdercoat , paint and supplies, wheel truing, mount and balance, and three new side shrouds and other misc. items. all in all im happy with it and in my opinion it was the best 500 bucks i have spent on the bike

so far.

-shaun h