Sign in to follow this  

mod my 50 or sell it and buy a pitster?**help** need opinions

so im stopped at a crossroads and i got two paths: 1. mod my 50 or 2. buy a pitster pro X4 or X2. the thing is, it is a HONDA(well made, reliable bike) vs. a PITSTER(chinese made, so-called reliable bike). i can spend the same amount of money on my 50 for mods as i can to buy and X4.

i have an 04' crf50 and here is its shopping cart at minibikeoutlet.com:

Red Baron HD Clutch Springs: $18.95

Honda Trail Bikes Super Oil Pump: $24.99

Honda Trail Bikes Race Head, 88cc Bore & 20mm Carb Kit: $320.99

Dr. D Exhaust: $205.99

Honda Trail Bikes CDI Rev Box: $25.99

Red Baron Countershaft Sprocket: $15.15, size:14T

Red Baron CRF/XR50 Aluminum Sprocket: $47.45, size:37T

Regina Professional 420 Chain: $28.99

Red Baron Chain Guide: $61.70

Billetware Swingarm Rebuild Kit: $60.99, for +4 swingarm

Billetware Swingarm: $319.99, length: +4

BBR SP-5 Front Frork Kit: $398.95

Red Baron Complete Tall Seat Assembly: $85.45

BBR Skid Plate: $75.95

Billetware Footpegs: $79.99

Fast50s Aluminum Shifter: $31.99

Red Baron CRF50 Plastics Kit: $94.95

Red Baron CRF50 Graphics: $56.95

Red Baron Cam Cover: $33.20

TOTAL w/ free shipping = $1988.61

waddaya think? any suggestions for add-ons or should i take away something OR should i scrap this and my 50 for a pister? lets see some inputs and opinions! :sweden::excuseme: :excuseme: :confused:

BTW: my bike already has an i-shock, pro taper hander bars with triple tree and clamps, and Michelin starcross tires.

I'd go the "mod the 50" route. My brother bought a China made bike, broke it in according to the manual and promptly self destructed the first time we raced it. Took 5 months to get new tranny gears and by then biking season was over here. Granted it wasn't a Pitster but that bike turned me off of the "Made in China" thing.

Stay with the Honda. Trust me, I tried both routes myself.

You're listing retail prices on new parts. I can see your concern when you're looking at it that way. If you're willing to buy used you can save yourself a TON of money.

My latest build was all used parts I bought from the classifieds on Planet Minis.

I bought a BBR super pro frame/swinger/elka-$700

Red Baron forks w front disk and bars-$500

Cyclone rear w Skunkworks billet hub, Sano chain guide and TB sprocket-$240

That's my roller right there for well under your $2000 estimate. Throw in an engine kit and you're ready to rock. My bike handles like it's on rails and it's solid. Nothing has ever broken on me. I can part this bike tomorrow and make money on it. You will take a beating on a china bike. I don't care who makes it or how nice it is, it's bad investment, and you will loose money.

alright cool:thumbsup: thx guys, but do u think is there is anything i should add or take away from that shopping cart? i can raise or lower the budget.

I'm not sure if you shop on Ebay or not. BUT, the prices you have listed are pretty much retail prices. Shop around, there are better deals out there.