Slip-on muffler

Ok you guys have been a huge help so far helping me with my 05 CRF250X. What's the best slip-on muffler? I'm looking for hit from top to bottom with some more noise than my stock one. I'm really interested in the XCR but I want to get some opinions from "the experts" as I call you guys. Let me know. I found the XCR for around 275 bucks:excuseme:

Ok you guys have been a huge help so far helping me with my 05 CRF250X. What's the best slip-on muffler? I'm looking for hit from top to bottom with some more noise than my stock one. I'm really interested in the XCR but I want to get some opinions from "the experts" as I call you guys. Let me know. I found the XCR for around 275 bucks:excuseme:

I say this based on my street bike experience.. so take it for what you think its worth... generally the best exhaust for all around top mid and bottom power is usually the stock one. Most folks read about the HP gain and buy based on that, but forget that it is always a compromise... gain top - lose bottom. Thats okay if you have excess bottom and mid you are willing to trade. But lets face it most people spend mor time in the mid range anyway.

Any mod that boosts actual power by increasing airflow through the motor will require jetting changes or sacrifices the engines life expectancy.

picked up one of these for my 06 250X-slipped on like a glove-it is more noise-not necessarily what i wanted in decibels but it works great. had to rejet and went up to a 165 main from a 158, needle on 5th clip, 42 pilot, cut airbox, fuel screw out 2.25 turns. definitely has more top end. i kept the X header on so i did not have to sacrifice too much of the low-mid. rode yesterday on the trails and definitely a big improvement on delivery of power.

http://www.servicehonda.com/parts/specials.html

Ok I have a related question to this thread. Has anyone tried adapting 450r pipe onto a 250. Right now I either run my stock X pipe with the defuser drilled out or a stock 250R pipe. I assume the stock 450 R silencer is of a larger diameter. It seems it wouldnt be hard to make fit. Maybe I am just crazy. I am always looking for ways to make more power with very little money. I am also trying to find an affordable spark arrestor to install in my 250R pipe. I like the way the R pipe sounds alot better myself. Performance wise not a big differnce.

Ok I have a related question to this thread. Has anyone tried adapting 450r pipe onto a 250. Right now I either run my stock X pipe with the defuser drilled out or a stock 250R pipe. I assume the stock 450 R silencer is of a larger diameter. It seems it wouldnt be hard to make fit. Maybe I am just crazy. I am always looking for ways to make more power with very little money. I am also trying to find an affordable spark arrestor to install in my 250R pipe. I like the way the R pipe sounds alot better myself. Performance wise not a big differnce.

i asked Agent the same ? before i bought my 250R exhaust and he says no the 450R is not interchangeable-he is the sage so i bought the 250R exhaust.

pro moto billet i think is the only reasonable sparky setup...can be had on this website in the parts store ~$120.

If you live some where close to the Delaware Water Gap I have a spare R muffler and/or head pipe you can try before you buy anything.