finding neutral

Do you feel that neutral being easy to find is a problem? Is that because possibly your other or previous bike was near impossible to find neutral?

Most all brands have a different feel or capability to find neutral, especially with the engine running. Personally, I like being able to find neutral when I want instead of "hunting" for it back and forth between 1st and 2nd. I have owned other bikes that were like the latter. The only way to land neutral was to shut it off! I think the competition oriented bikes tend to be that way. Its more important NOT to find neutral.

On the 230 I usually always take off in 2nd anyway. I only use first in the really slow technical stuff.

Good luck and ride safely.

I thought I read something about this but can't seem to find it now. On my 08 230f its way too easy to find neutral when going through the gears. Is there any fix for this. Or am I the only one with this problem.
I have a CRF230f for the wife and she only finds neutral when climbing a steep hill in second and needs to downshift to first. Not good. On the other hand, she has trouble finding neutral when stopped. She just rolls the bike a bit and trys again. Our bike did this from new, so I think it is common. She normally keeps it in second in the tight stuff, as first is normally tooooo low and revs out toooo quickly. Here's another problem. Sometimes when the bike is in neutral and stopped, it is hard to shift into first. The suspension can be fixed on this bike, but that tranny still leaves something to be desired. I guess you just do what my wife does, and learn to ride around the shifting problems.

I feel for you. I had an Rm125 that was doing the same thing. Sometimes I would get into 2nd and then slip-out into neutral [not good on tranny]. Anyway, I would say just to make sure your clutch cable is in tune and practice jamming up into 2nd way harder than you would for any other gear. If there are any better answers I would sure like to know cause my 150 is starting to love neutral as well.

I feel for you. I had an Rm125 that was doing the same thing. Sometimes I would get into 2nd and then slip-out into neutral [not good on tranny]. Anyway, I would say just to make sure your clutch cable is in tune and practice jamming up into 2nd way harder than you would for any other gear. If there are any better answers I would sure like to know cause my 150 is starting to love neutral as well.

my bike used to do that too. I make sure nothings under my foot and move foot down then shift so I can get more momentum. its not the safest thing to do but it works for me.