Aftermarket plastic kits?

Which aftermarket plastic kits are the closest to OEM plastics? I want new plastics for my '04 crf450 and want them to look as close as possible to the factory red plastics. Any suggestions?

Which aftermarket plastic kits are the closest to OEM plastics? I want new plastics for my '04 crf450 and want them to look as close as possible to the factory red plastics. Any suggestions?

nothing is like stock really.......ufo is my favorite.......no experience with the others

Id try acerbis, Havent gotten mine yet but just purchased all black ones for my 04. like 119.00 for a kit, doesnt include front numer plate. Buddy of mine got them and he said they are just like factory , So he says....

I have some new Acerbis's going on (white.) I compared them to my factory ones and, IMO, there's doesn't seem to be much of a difference. Now, with that written, my stockers have two hard years on them...the Acerbis are new. I agree...nothing like stockers, but I think the Acerbis are pretty close.

No experience with others, but I think if you go UFO or Acerbis, you'll be fine.

I planned on going with acerbis,and I was hoping you guys would say they look about the same. I imagine there not as heavy duty as the oem's,but as long as they look the same..........that'll work for me. I havent bought any plastics in years and I can remember back in the day,most aftermarket plastic didnt have the same details and definition that the oem ones did which made them look cheezy. Good thing they arent like that anymore then. UFO stuff used to really be bad with that. Thanks guys!

The stock Honda plastic stays looking good twice as long as Acerbis.

Racetech is by far the best quality. The moulds are top notch, the colour match is very close. UFO and acerbis are not at the same level. Check their web at racetech.it.

This is just my opinion.

I'd be interested in the racetech's,but does anyone know where you can buy them,or how much they cost here in the U.S. ?

I've only replaced using Acerbis and will continue to use them. A full set of OEMs (shrouds, fenders, panels) are 2.178629 times more expensive. I don't see the value in dropping that kind a scratch.

Im sure the racetech site should have a list of distributors.

1. OEM

2. UFO

3. Acerbis

I have heard that Polisport are not bad, but have no experience with them.

I had Acerbis side panels that wouldn't fit on my CRF250R, without trimming and bending a lot, and still didn't work out very well. All my UFO pieces were perfect, and color was so close to OEM, I couldn't tell a difference. I have seen an occasional UFO part with a slight light spot in the red plastic here and there, but that doesn't bother me. And, now that UFO offers the side panels in red on top and white on the plates, like fatory, I see no need to go with Acerbis over UFO anymore. That is my experience.

I have all three (UFO, OEM, Acerbis)...

IMHO.. get whatever you can get the best deal on.

I've had best luck with Acerbis with both the fit and looking good as long as the stock. Tried UFO some time ago and didn't like the fit at all.

Jester -

I did some dry fitting of the Acerbis plastics I recently received. Everything lined up fine...no bending or prying (even over my Flatland rad guards.) Now, per Flatlands instructions, I did trim about a 1/4" from the back molds of the shrouds. This was required to make the proper fit for the rad guards. However, if I didn't have the rad guards, I looked like the plastics would have fit just right.

I decided to go white this time so I can't speak to the "color match" perspective (white is white.) Once I get my bike back together, I plan on posting some pics. I'll get some close ups so you can see.

Just got my acerbis yesterday, put them on fit great! Wish they came with bolts, would have liked all new stuff but no big deal. My seat cover isnt installed in pics cause i need staples. I highly reccomend acerbis plastics kit. and you gotta buy the front plate seperately. I need a black front wheel and my bikes "body" is basically done...hope the pic werx!! tell me what you think!

Old bike picture

crf450black008.jpg

New plastics yea!crf450black020.jpg

looks sweet man, now you just need an all black seat cover to black it out

looks sweet man, now you just need an all black seat cover to black it out

..and some clean oem replica FX shroud graphics to finish it off. I always thought that would look good on black or white shrouds, but I'm not sure if I've seen anyone try it....

I got the one industries seat cover with it, no staples :prof: soon tohugh, and I need a black fornt wheel, dont got one yet...

..and some clean oem replica FX shroud graphics to finish it off. I always thought that would look good on black or white shrouds, but I'm not sure if I've seen anyone try it....

I have been thinking about trying it, but I want to see someone else do it first. lol

nice... (cosmetically) like a new bike all over again! :prof: