Complete Newb looking for advise on a 1st bike

Hi all, I'm looking for a 1st bike. Something to have some fun with driving around town and on trails, I need an enduro. I was very interested in the KAWA KLX250S, but I'm 175lbs, 5'5" and the seat hight is just to damn high for me.

The Yama XT250 looks better ( lower seat hight ) and Im going to see one next week.

How about something like the KAWA KLX140 w/ aftermarket turn signals, front, rear and brake lights, mirrors- basically making it street legal.

Can this be done. Does someone sell such a kit or Could I expect a dealer to set such a bike up for me ??

Would a KLX140 move my fat arse around well enough for some fun ?

Thanks !

how tall are you, how much do you weigh

Short & Fat

5'5"

175 Lbs

i am so stupid, your weight and hight is in you post, sorrey

well i dont know much about enduro's, i woud go with a 250 or bigger (a 140 is pertty small)

DRZ400S models seem shorter to me than the full size bikes. If they're the same size as the XT250 I would consider it. The 140 is just too small for someone weighing 175 lbs.

Honda has a nice CRF230L that is street legal and new this year. That would be a good size bike both in stature and power output too.

DRZ400S models seem shorter to me than the full size bikes. If they're the same size as the XT250 I would consider it. The 140 is just too small for someone weighing 175 lbs.

Honda has a nice CRF230L that is street legal and new this year. That would be a good size bike both in stature and power output too.

What he said or a Yamaha TT230 would also do

Ya might buy a full size bike and lower it

Yep stay away from the 140, to small. There are aftermarket companies that make lowering links for full size bikes, you might look into those.

I've ridden with guys your size, it takes them a while but they all get used to the extra height. I would look at the DRZ400S like mentioned earlier. If the height still scares you I'd look at the CRF230L

At 175 and 5'5", I would stick with what I refer to as 1st generation street legal enduro bikes. These are TTR-225, the DRZ-200 and what ever else falls into that segment. I'm sure that Kawasaki and Honda have something like this ~ I just don't know what they are.

These will give you enough power to get down the road and through the trails and both of them have "the button".