Grand Junction Spring Desert Race.

http://bookcliffrattlersmc.org/raceinfo.htm

Who is going? The course is a 20 mile loop to spread out the riders and keep the dust at bay (lots of Grand Junction Ridges, Washes, and Singletrack all starting from the Motorcross Track. I promise it will be fun. ATV race, Pee Wee race, Mini Race, Team Race, Womens Race, and of course The Big Race. I have heard there will be some bonafide talent showing up.

Regards,

Thomas

I'm going. Longer track sounds fun!:confused:

i would try but im afraid i would kill myself after hearing about it last year with the dust and the drop away wash crashes.

i would try but im afraid i would kill myself after hearing about it last year with the dust and the drop away wash crashes.

With the increase in popularity the course is longer to cut down on the dust and spread out the riders. A 20 mile loop will make it more conducive to a good race instead of riding by brail as a blind man. Sign up you wont regret it. I learned last year that racing is about pushing your abilities, not exceeding them (ouch).

Regards,

Thomas

Is the race 10 or 20 miles?

Your post says 20 but the flyer says 10.

Is the race 10 or 20 miles?

Your post says 20 but the flyer says 10.

The loop for Novices, under 16 is about 14 miles. We are adding 6 miles for pros and amateurs. A total of "about" 20 miles unless our race director changes his mind. I rode the loop with the "loop chairman" and verified the length. :confused: I am a club member and will not be racing. I will be course marshalling. Call Jay Arnett @ 260-5015 for info on the loop if interested.

Regards,

Thomas

A quick update for anyone interested. The course is good to go with a water crossing or two. See you on Sunday for the race.

Regards,

Thomas