drz400sm

What do you guys think of these? I know they aren't that powerful but how is reliability? This would probably be driven on the street more than it would actually be raced.

But there is a local place about to setup a motard course so I may get to play around on a track with it some too.

look at the drz400 forum...it's really not a bad bike. if only they had an extra 20hp from the factory...

the drz400sm is a good bike i am looking into trading my 04 gsxr600 for one. if you search the forums there are some good mods you can do to gain HP. Also hear they are very reliable just do some searching im sure you figure it out. best of luck

I bought an S. Set it up for dirt. :confused: [its street legal, Honest!]:sweden: Then I bought an SM. :excuseme: :excuseme: Will be a daily driver, [its street legal, Honest!]:crazy::p:lol: if it ever stops raining in the NE.

gas tires and oil is all you need for it. only downsides are no 6th gear and they r a little heavy but if you but some TLC into it it can be a really great bike that can run with the rest

i had 2 zx6r's before my drzsm and after owning this little thing, i'd never go back to a crotch rocket

So many people say that. Only down side is most of my buddies ride liter bikes. No way I can keep up with that on any SM bike.

SM hasn't caught on that much here yet. But there is a supermoto track opening soon locally so maybe it will catch on.

The DRZ is an sweet whipp! You will have a blast!

IMHO! you will be lookn at motor mods after the first ride!

Deep pockets!?

there prety popular with the college kidz, good little bikes

ar15guy I have been looking for tracks on the ama site and theres just a few in NM or UT where can I get info to race my SM

So many people say that. Only down side is most of my buddies ride liter bikes. No way I can keep up with that on any SM bike.

SM hasn't caught on that much here yet. But there is a supermoto track opening soon locally so maybe it will catch on.

I have the exact same problem. It kinda sucks trying to keep up to guys driving so fast all the time. I just basically stick around town though so it's not usually a big deal until we hit the highway. They're usually the ones trying to, but barely keeping up with me around the city lol. I let a few of my buddies with crotch rockets try my supermoto last summer and they put their 1000's up for sale shortly after to get sm's.

You need new buddies that ride sumo!

I don't think there are any supermoto guys around here. Well the local honda shop owner is but thats it.

there prety popular with the college kidz, good little bikes

Well I'm 45(ouch)And I am very happy with my sm.I :confused: around brooklyn with an occasional trip to manhattan.With the 39mmFCR I have enough power for me.

But there is a local place about to setup a motard course so I may get to play around on a track with it some too.

if by "local" you mean thousands of miles away, the suzuki dealer i work at has a small sm track set up on it. its 2 old car dealerships that had adjoined lots so the tarmac outside is huge. we had a bunch of loads of dirt trucked in an put in some jumps, and there is a section that was never paved so it is all dirt, we hosted some mini-sumo races before the residents (1/2 mile away) complained about the noise. so now its a track we let people test out machines on from time to time

A local raceway (that races cars on a regular basis) decided they wanted to get into motorcycle racing. For whatever reason they decided to do supermoto.

Well i am getting ready to make the jump trade my 04 gsxr600 for the drz400sm (black) picking the bike up tomorrow and im sure it will rain as they are calling for it i wanted to thank everyone for the impute it was a huge help i have been trying to search on how to make a new thread and im a computer idiot so i figured id reply here thanks all

A local raceway (that races cars on a regular basis) decided they wanted to get into motorcycle racing. For whatever reason they decided to do supermoto.

Where in W.V. are you?. There is BeaveRun in Pa. by Pitts.. It may not be "in your neighborhood" if you are in southern part of state though.

I tend to think that if a track is within six hours of me, that is a local track.

Traded the GSXR for the DRZ400SM and very pleased couple minor issues to work out (take off) but very happyphoto?authkey=wwGxjHLhOls#5182612265192817970