Sign in to follow this  

New Track Survey

I have a couply question for riders. I plan on building a large motocross track near albany new york. I was just wondering if there is a profesionally built track that is well maintained and well designed how often would you go. Keep in mind i take this very serious so if you could be as honest as possible i would appreciate it.

How often would you go to race per year if races were held?

How often would you go to open practices if they were every week?

How Far would you be coming from?

How many people would you expect to come with you on a given day?

If you could answer these questions and only these questions i would appreciate it. Remember this track is a half hour out of Albany New York so keep that in mind when answering these questions.

1/2 out of Albany in which direction?

How much would OP be?

Will you be racing as part of D3, D34, MSC, AMA, or just your own series?

Will you be open for OP on Weekends as well and what days during the week?

What type of Track? Outdoor/natural terrain? SX with lots of open doubles?

I would think that the answer to these would make a difference to most. I live 40min south of albany and would most likely come 3-4x over the course of the month, but it would depend on the track. I live 25min to Dback, Ace and Walden. I usually go to OP at Ace and walden but really dont like Dback all that much.

I think you need to be a bit more specific in what your going to offer before you can get really solid feedback, IMHO.

Build it and they will come. If the track is maintained and the rates reasonable as possible people will come from all geographical locations. That will never be an issue.

1/2 out of Albany in which direction?

How much would OP be?

Will you be racing as part of D3, D34, MSC, AMA, or just your own series?

Will you be open for OP on Weekends as well and what days during the week?

What type of Track? Outdoor/natural terrain? SX with lots of open doubles?

I think you need to be a bit more specific in what your going to offer before you can get really solid feedback, IMHO.

Exactly.

I live about an hour from Albany. Depending on where the track was located, me and about 3 or 4 other guys would be there a couple of times a month. But of course that would depend on where the track is and how good the track was.

the track would be a motocross style natural track. practices would be during the week and on the weekends. The races im not sure if which district would tie into cause its on the border of both. My idea is to make a track that is similiar to rocky hill motocross in ct. The difference with this peice of property is alot of nice elevation changes.

If you have a well maintained track you won't have much of a problem keeping riders coming to it. Most people just want to ride a good track and could really care less about making the races every Sunday. If it's near Albany we have a good size group of riders that would be there every week. The closer to Albany the more we would ride. How are your neighbors?

I totally agree. If you keep it reasonable, $25-30$ for an OP and groom it, you will have no problems. Hopefully you have done all your homework and there will not be any problems from the neighbors after its built. With Dback, Ace and Walden constantly having to fight to stay open, the opportunity for another track is ripe right now, especially one that is open for OP on a regular basis.

I am 20 min. north of Albany. The key here is a "well maintained" track! All of us in this area are familiar with Eagle Bridge MX. I used to go there twice a week a few years ago when the track was maintained. Now the owner doesn't give a crap and no one I know will ride there anymore. If we had a nicely maintained local track, I can think of at least 20 riders in my circle alone that would be regulars. BUILD IT!!!!!!:confused:

I agree, build it, and they will come!

There is a huge void in the Albany area.

Get past the town/zoning and neighbors, and you should be golden.

I ride with OTHGMike and OTHGDave, as well as a bunch of other people - we are usually ten or more to our group every time we go - and I would bet all of us would ride twice a week at a track 1/2 hour from Albany. But, don't leave us hanging - what are you planning?

I have a couply question for riders. I plan on building a large motocross track near albany new york. I was just wondering if there is a profesionally built track that is well maintained and well designed how often would you go. Keep in mind i take this very serious so if you could be as honest as possible i would appreciate it.

How often would you go to race per year if races were held?

How often would you go to open practices if they were every week?

How Far would you be coming from?

How many people would you expect to come with you on a given day?

If you could answer these questions and only these questions i would appreciate it. Remember this track is a half hour out of Albany New York so keep that in mind when answering these questions.

As many as possible.

As many as possible.

35 Minutes.

As many as possible.

way to follow directions Big D.!

6 races a year

once or twice a week

25 miles