Sign in to follow this  

Ttr125e

I want a bike just to ride around wit my friends. nothin extremely fast or anythin just somethin fun. i've never ridden before so is the ttr 125e a good choice for a beginner bike?

I would probably go with a CRF 150 because it will fit your height better. I'm about 5'5 and the TTR 125 small wheel is almost too small for me. I've seen people with the big wheel and it doesn't really seem like that much of a difference in height. :confused:

Im 6' and 165 lbs. and I ride my daughters TTR125L around and have a blast on it. They are great bikes to learn on and very easy to handle. You can do lots of mods to them and they can be bought fairly cheap. If you do go for a TTr125, the L model (big wheel) would be a better choice . Myself being a Honda XR rider, I would also suggest looking at he CRF150F or even the CRF230F trail bikes.

Happy Shopping !

I want a bike just to ride around wit my friends. nothin extremely fast or anythin just somethin fun. i've never ridden before so is the ttr 125e a good choice for a beginner bike?

My wife is 5-2, and her first bike was the TTR125L, and she loves the fact that it's light, forgiving and durable-these little bikes are a great beginners bike.

I have one that I modded out for "play" riding, and I'm 6-2, 210 lbs. Granted, I'm got winning any races, but the bike is a blast to ride since it feels like I'm riding my mountain bike without the need to peddle. LOL.

I intend to mod a 3rd one out for Super Motard use-these bikes aren't speed demons, but their light weight makes them alot of fun to play ride and are great for begginers.

One of the biggest drawbacks of the CRF150 is it's obesity when compared to the TTR125.

My advice, go for the "L" model, it has larger wheels, front disc brakes (the non-L model has drums) and rolls over trail trash and obstacles easier than the smaller wheel version.

Have fun.:confused:

Thanks alot fellas, you've been real helpful. I'm going tomorrow to check out the 125L and the 150F. i'm gonna see how they both feel and take it from there. i'll let you all know how i make out

What happened to CRF150f and 230f? The 125 is going to make you feel cramped. The 150 or 230 will fit you just fine. With the 230 you will be on your toes slightly. On the 150 you can fit on the bike flat footed. Imo I would be lokking at the 150 or 230. I was in your position not to long ago. I was 5'6 and looking for a bike. I didnt even look at a 125 for two reasons. 1) I completed the dirt bikes school classes on the 150. 2) It was too small. You can also go to dirt bike school and they will put you the right size bike due to age, height, and experience. Hope this helps.