motocross entrepreneur

Hi I am trying to put together a project of trying to open a indoor mx track near the mv,va,wv. i was wondering what kind of things would you like on a indoor mx track. I also want to add a in house full service shop for people to get what they need a the track. We would also like to add a motocross track around the property on the outside of the facility with showering wash bay and camping. I would like to know what the motocross community would like to see or expect in this type of facility. Thank you I am looking forward to hearing all the comments you have to offer any picture of what type of jumps you would like to have on your favorite track:ride:

a lot of girls in the showering wash bay!!!!!!!!!!! Kidding of course. This sounds like a great idea. I think one of the most important things is making sure that an in house shop is staffed properly. The employees need to be knowledgable. There is nothing worse than a shop with employeees that don't ride and don't know the 1st thing about moto.

How big is the facility. Can you do an outdoor woods type track, for har scrambles? Another good way to promote you business is to have events. Start a local event, something like a two day race that would include motocross and supercross type events. Remember, two days people will stay there, so make sure that you have good food available for purchace. Even if you bring in an outside vender,(i.e. BBQ trailer). You can take a cut of his earnings. Think of things that will keep people there, if they leave then thaey are spending $ elsewere. Hope this helps.

pretty high ambitions for a 17 year old, good luck!

Make the tracks fairly challenging. charge fees by the rider, not the bike.

pretty high ambitions for a 17 year old, good luck!

you have to start somewhere and when you have support anything is possible.:confused:

well im around this area and would love a new place to go every once in a while.

i personally like the massive tabletops that pop u more up then out. height is the best, also lots of tall berms that you can whip around. whoops make for a nice track to get your adreniline going.

well thats all i really have to say, besides good luck.

:excuseme::confused:

I'm probably within 30 miles of where you are talking about. You've got tomahawk, mountaineer, GW forest, and bunches of people with land, . You will be catering to the suburban newbie in the area. I would suggest lots of trash cans and a good security team. But seriously, indoors would only do you good here for maybe part of Dec. Jan. and Feb. Even in those months, there are tons of warm days. I don't see where you could make an indoor facility pay for the investment around here. It's not cold enough. You would be better with just outdoor that was open on all the warm days in the winter. And hey don't let the guy who said "high ambitions for a 17 year old" get to you. I remember 20 years ago hearing the same thing when it came to turning wrenches. If you've got support use it and you provide some of the energy. You start to run out of energy when you get OLD like 44. Then you feel bad and have to make negative comments.

you have to start somewhere and when you have support anything is possible.:confused:
That's some big support.

instead of trying to design a track yourself without any expertise on it, you could just contact dirt works and get a price quote. they make the pro tracks, and they also make backyard tracks for anyone who calls in with land and the money to pay for it.

hope your credit score is high, cuz your gonna need to take out a lot of loans for this puppy.

hope your credit score is high, cuz your gonna need to take out a lot of loans for this puppy.
I think that's where the support he's talking about is coming into play. At least I hope, because at 17 (not major) there's no way a bank is gonna loan him that kind of money, not without rock solid back up at least.

I would seriously suggest making it as close to Philadelphia as you can. Maybe about an hour or so away. I know I've been looking for a good track to ride at and the closest somewhat quality track is 2 hours, and it isn't open during the week or has any facilities or camping grounds.

I'm probably within 30 miles of where you are talking about. You've got tomahawk, mountaineer, GW forest, and bunches of people with land, . You will be catering to the suburban newbie in the area. I would suggest lots of trash cans and a good security team. But seriously, indoors would only do you good here for maybe part of Dec. Jan. and Feb. Even in those months, there are tons of warm days. I don't see where you could make an indoor facility pay for the investment around here. It's not cold enough. You would be better with just outdoor that was open on all the warm days in the winter. And hey don't let the guy who said "high ambitions for a 17 year old" get to you. I remember 20 years ago hearing the same thing when it came to turning wrenches. If you've got support use it and you provide some of the energy. You start to run out of energy when you get OLD like 44. Then you feel bad and have to make negative comments.

that is high ambitions for a 17 year old, why do you view that as a negative comment? i wished him luck?

thank you all for the comments and support if anyone has any pictures of certain jumps that are fun but not to easy and not to hard please post them up.

this is the arena i build in the winter time, we are only open for 2 months. it is about 40,000 square ft. you do not want to have anything smaller if you can avoid it. are there any horse arenas in your area?---100_3072.jpg---100_3074.jpg---100_3073.jpg

this is the arena i build in the winter time, we are only open for 2 months. it is about 40,000 square ft. you do not want to have anything smaller if you can avoid it. are there any horse arenas in your area?---100_3072.jpg---100_3074.jpg---100_3073.jpg

thank you this the type of information that i was trying to find out thank you:applause:

Do your homework and plan on worst case scenireo at best so you can pull out without losing to much if your unable to generate enough interest. Also get ready to be publically critisized for what you didnt do right in someones own opinion. I have seen posts about not having tp in the bathrooms go on for days. Goodluck and just dont take the critisizium(sp?) personal its just someones opinion and do not feed them when they get to you. One thing and one step at a time. Again goodluck.:confused:

Wish you luck bra, every one knows we all want more places to ride!!! Nothing better than a person with love for the sport to make a place

wish you the best of luck man i am trying to build a little mottocross track in my backyard 10 acres.. but its hard only usuing shovels and stuff

wish you the best of luck man i am trying to build a little mottocross track in my backyard 10 acres.. but its hard only usuing shovels and stuff

same story:cry:

ya tell me about it.. i am using alot of brick and thick branches.. and pile dirt on top and i got a 4 foot jump and a bunch of little ones but mainly whoops and nice berms