Sign in to follow this  

OK Let's see the OFFROAD KX 450's!!!!!!!!

I'm going to set up my new 08 450 as my woods weapon and wanted to get some ideas. Pics are always nice too :confused:

I'm just getting started but here's my list so far:

Hour meter

Utah Sport Skidplate

Cycra Handguards

Renthal 52 tooth rear chainring

RK Chain

Z-Start Rekluse clutch

Left hand rear brake

PMB kickstand

PMB Spark arrestor

PMB Ultra Quiet tip (gotta keep the trails open)

Next on the list is:

IMS or Clark fuel tank

RTT Steering Stabilizer

263444666_rYGzu-L.jpg

Can you show us a picture of the PMB end cap? I want to get one, just wanted to see how it fits in the stock cannister.

Aaron.

Can you show us a picture of the PMB end cap? I want to get one, just wanted to see how it fits in the stock cannister.

Aaron.

Sure,... Here you go.

263436110_qTu4o-L.jpg

257370826_YQSHE-L.jpg

The pipe was still a little too loud so i made the following modifications:

I ended up disassembling (sp?) the silencer and checking it out.

I ended up drilling some of the existing holes a little larger and then driling about 150 more holes in the inner pipe and then repacking the silencer. I blew a 93 this past weekend!

Here's a pic of the holes I drilled out larger.

258966963_27vg6-M.jpg

Here's a pic when I was halfway done drilling the additional holes.

258965475_fAEUK-M.jpg

• Like 1

Sure,... Here you go.

263436110_qTu4o-L.jpg

257370826_YQSHE-L.jpg

The pipe was still a little too loud so i made the following modifications:

I ended up disassembling (sp?) the silencer and checking it out.

I ended up drilling some of the existing holes a little larger and then driling about 150 more holes in the inner pipe and then repacking the silencer. I blew a 93 this past weekend!

Here's a pic of the holes I drilled out larger.

258966963_27vg6-M.jpg

Here's a pic when I was halfway done drilling the additional holes.

258965475_fAEUK-M.jpg

pertty good idea:thumbsup:

I blew a 93 this past weekend!

So drilling the holes helped quiet it down? What was the DB before? Did it have any noticable effect on power? I just got a pretty nice DB meter and have some extra Q-inserts for my MRD exhaust and was going to experiment with some different things.

I got some new graphics and a bunch of other new stuff for mine. I'll try to get some new pics up soon. In the meantime there's an old photo and a list of my mods in my garage.

hey wr426inAZ who make that skid plate

Got it through Rocky Mountain. I believe it is a UTAH Sport skid plate but it came with Richochet stickers,... so I don't know for sure.

I'm just getting started but here's my list so far:

Hour meter

Skidplate

Handguards

52 tooth rear chainring

RK Chain

Z-Start Rekluse clutch

Left hand rear brake

PMB kickstand

PMB Spark arrestor

PMB Ultra Quiet tip (gotta keep the trails open)

Next on the list is:

IMS or Clark fuel tank

RTT Steering Stabilizer

263444666_rYGzu-L.jpg

Your off to a great start, you just got the bike:worthy:

Looks like she's coming along nicely.

Hey im new to the KX 450. Got a question I ride in sand and im worried about the crankcase vent tube has anyone had problems with sand getting into the motor from the vent tube? Ok I uploaded a pic of the filter I put on.

stand 074.jpg

So drilling the holes helped quiet it down? What was the DB before? Did it have any noticable effect on power? I just got a pretty nice DB meter and have some extra Q-inserts for my MRD exhaust and was going to experiment with some different things.

With the stock packing and the PMB Quiet tip I tested at 98db.

I drilled additional holes and repacked the pipe then I tested at 93db. :confused:

It is down a bit on power but I really don't need it all for the tight racing I do.

It's a small price to pay to help keep our trails open.

When I go to a track I'll remove the quiet tip and unleash the beast!

Is it down on power from driling the holes or the quiet tip? I am planning on drilling holes with my stock can with stock tip to see if it makes it quieter.

Hey im new to the KX 450. Got a question I ride in sand and im worried about the crankcase vent tube has anyone had problems with sand getting into the motor from the vent tube? Ok I uploaded a pic of the filter I put on.

good Idea :confused::excuseme:

Is it down on power from driling the holes or the quiet tip? I am planning on drilling holes with my stock can with stock tip to see if it makes it quieter.

Down on power from the Quiet tip. It reduces the exhaust opening.

What is a LEFT HAND REAR BRAKE????????

never heard of that

When I install the Rekluse I no longer need the clutch lever so I remove it and install a left hand rear brake setup. I also remove the foot brake all together.

I can modulate the rear brake a lot better with my hand. It's really nice in tight technical downhills. :confused:

• Like 1

When I install the Rekluse I no longer need the clutch lever so I remove it and install a left hand rear brake setup. I also remove the foot brake all together.

I can modulate the rear brake a lot better with my hand. It's really nice in tight technical downhills. :confused:

Gidday wr426inAZ,

How do you find the Rekluse was it easy to get use to ? also the back brakes on the bars was that hard to get use to?

• Like 1

Gidday wr426inAZ,

How do you find the Rekluse was it easy to get use to ? also the back brakes on the bars was that hard to get use to?

I have a rekluse on my crf450r, and the left-hand rear brake took hardly any time. Of course I get teased relentlessly by friends for the "7 levers I have on my bike", but they're the ones laughing when I can rail a tight right hand switchback.

Gidday wr426inAZ,

I've been riding with this same set-up on my KTM for the last two years. It's hard riding without it now.

Took maybe 3 rides to really get used to it.

It's just like a bike (except that the brakes are switched).

Like "kreativecid" mentioned it's heaven to be able to rail a tight off camber right turn in the woods and put your right leg out. :confused: