How much is enough

I've been thinking about cc's & wondered what you guys have to say about it.:confused:

I have a custom built 140cc Piranha,it is definately an out-n-out race bike but serves well as a trail bike or jumper too.

I just recently got an 07 CRF50,I have considered getting an 88cc bore kit for it but now I'm on the fence.After getting used to the 140 for the past 3 months & before that is was a 125 for 6 months,I have been neglecting it in favor of the 50.

My question is this,when will these pits no longer be considered pits with the way cc's keep going up & what's your cc limit before you quit building it up?

I mean......they may still have a 10"/12" or 10"/10" wheel combo but cc wise you're practically getting a big bike with small wheels & shorter frame.

Race applications are obvious but what about you backyard burners/trail riders/jumpers?:excuseme:

Have the fun little hell raisers start down the extinction path towards the balls to the walls screamer?:excuseme:

I've been thinking about cc's & wondered what you guys have to say about it.:confused:

I have a custom built 140cc Piranha,it is definately an out-n-out race bike but serves well as a trail bike or jumper too.

I just recently got an 07 CRF50,I have considered getting an 88cc bore kit for it but now I'm on the fence.After getting used to the 140 for the past 3 months & before that is was a 125 for 6 months,I have been neglecting it in favor of the 50.

My question is this,when will these pits no longer be considered pits with the way cc's keep going up & what's your cc limit before you quit building it up?

I mean......they may still have a 10"/12" or 10"/10" wheel combo but cc wise you're practically getting a big bike with small wheels & shorter frame.

Race applications are obvious but what about you backyard burners/trail riders/jumpers?:excuseme:

Have the fun little hell raisers start down the extinction path towards the balls to the walls screamer?:excuseme:

good question?? and i agree

meh, let the free market and the racing rule boards decide. I think this question was asked when 88cc was the hot setup. I don't think many of us want to have that be the max displacement.

eh there still just as fun so i cant complain there:thumbsup:

Yeah they're all good fun,I agree that the market will decide,bigger always seems desired but how big are you willing to go?:confused:

I don't really want to have a defined cc limit,I mean just think how far we have come since 88 was the rage & how far do you think it'll go before the ceiling is hit.There's only so much room before the bike grows due to motor size,then would it still be a pit or would it become a mid sized bike?:excuseme:

I think a Pitster sized bike with a 250cc or higher might kill us before we could tame it.:excuseme:

Just get a CRF450 and put 10" wheels on it. :-)

How big....

well I saw a couple of Built KLX 110's (1) 190cc (1) 202cc that were at the MoM series Final

Wow.....the power they seemed to make and the sound was increadable But unless you have the Money to rebuild these Un Reliable OverKill race motors its a waste of money...unless someone else is paying the Bills....:confused:

theres only so much HP that you can put into a 10" wheel bikes with a short wheel base before they become way to squirelly to dangerous ride.....how fun really can that be....:excuseme:

Its your money, but If I were you guys Id start researching Motor builds the info is out there to build Powerful and Reliable motors that are more than enough for your skill levels.....