Sign in to follow this  

Gaerne Cypher Boots? Any good?

I am looking for a pair of boots in the 150$ or less range. Noticed rockymountainatv has the Gearne Cyphers for half off. 100$ instead of 200$.

I looked in the review section for these with no luck. How are they?

I was thinking about either getting these or the ARC 240's. I have heard nothing but good about them.

I used to have some thor quadrants and I was more than happy with them. But I gave them away after I sold my quad...looking for a replacement boot that won't break the bank but feels decent.

These will be used for trail riding only. No motox here so I am not paying 400$ for a pair of boots.

The alpine stars 07 vector boot may be in my price range also.

More I look at them the more I am leaning towards the alpine star 07 vector or the ARC 240's. The hinged ankle looks nice but the alpine starts are on sale for 159 when they are normally 259.

Thanks for the heads up on the blowout Gearne's. I've got a set on the way. $99 for Italian made boots is unbelievable and Gearne are some of the best. MXA gave the Cypher 4 stars in a recent review.

I got a pair of Cyphers for $150 on Christmas. So far I love them. They broke in fairly quick too after about 3-4 rides. They are comfortable and seem to be well built also not like any of those crappy Japanese boots these are made in Italy. And for $100 I would say buy 2 pairs!

I won't have the chance to try any of them so I am blindly picking. Would the alpine stars or the ARC be worth 70$ more than the Gaerne?

Would the alpine stars or the ARC be worth 70$ more than the Gaerne?

No way. Get the Gaerne's. It's a no-brainer.

I ordered the Gaerne's earlier. Went ahead and ordered some extra chain lube since I needed 1 cent to get free shipping lol. So I spent the same amount I would have with shipping but basically I got some free lube out of it.

Now I have to send the O'neals that I ordered from them back. I tried to be super cheap and ordered some O'neal elements for 50$. I got them out of the box and was thinking WOW these are shit. Tried them on and it was horrible so they are going back. I knew they were going to suck but I didn't think they would be as bad as they are.

The Thor quadrants I had weren't bad at all. I gave them away 2 weeks before I bought my new bike because I didn't think I would ever ride again. DOH.

Hopefully these new boots will flex. Being able to shift would be nice. Those O'neals are complete trash.

I know this is like posting Honda parts in the KTM forum but.....

I have some Tech 8's that are almost new. Couple rides and they don't fit the kid anymore. I would let them go for $165 shipped. PM me with your email address if you want me to send you some pictures.

I was just looking up these boots. They are only offered in black for $99. I live in SW Florida and it will be getting pretty hot. Do black boots heat up/maintain the heat more than white ones?

I got mine in today. I can tell I will love them. They fit very well and I don't think they will take my break in at all. If I get the supermoto I am looking at I may wear the soles out before any real damage gets done to the boots.

I was just looking up these boots. They are only offered in black for $99. I live in SW Florida and it will be getting pretty hot. Do black boots heat up/maintain the heat more than white ones?

Of course. Black absorbs, white reflects. :prof:

Black dissapates heat faster. I've worn both black and white boots in Tex and I've never noticed any difference on hot, sunny days. (?).

I'm looking at the Cyphers too. MXA says they run one size big. What size shoe/Cypher do you guys have? I've worn Gaerne boots in the past and a size 10 were a little big. Even with thick MX socks. Alp Stars 10 feel a little snug because they are to narrow for my wide Celtic (square) feet.

I'm looking at the Cyphers too. MXA says they run one size big. What size shoe/Cypher do you guys have? .

Gaerne resized them and they run pretty much true to size now. Excellent non-hinge boots.

I just bought a pair of sg10s and i found that the sizing is a bit larger then a regular shoe. I wouldnt say its a full size difference but definately atleast a half size.

Just ordered 2 pairs.

Me too. One for my nephew and one for my brother in law. I really wanted a pair for myself too but I just bought a brand new pair of Alpinestars a few months ago.

I just got mine from the friendly UPS man today, love'em. I just need to find a weekend where I can stay in town to use them...