INCIDENT at EDDIEVILLE March 16

Anyone see an incident in the pits during the long course race Sunday the 16th? We are hearing conflicting stories about what happened.

Inquiring minds want to know!

post, email, or call if you would like.

Scott

My wife commented that a rider was "flying" through the pits on one lap and was allowed (checkers apparently were not aware) to go through the check. When he returned next lap it looked as if he was told at the check to stop. He was trying to continue and was (apparently) pulled from his bike and to the ground. She didn't actually see him, but saw the bike on the ground and the rider behind it. He then left the course and sped up the hill to his truck.

The rider was not pulled off the bike. I clipped his tag and DQ'ed him. He tried to lay the bike over and roost me...... he miscalculated , the bike caught traction and threw him off and on the ground.

As he was picking his bike up , I told him maybe he ought to push it. He replied in a surly manner "You push it!" I told him if I pushed it, it would end up in the creek.

With that, he rode off to his rig.

• Like 1

The rider was not pulled off the bike. I clipped his tag and DQ'ed him. He tried to lay the bike over and roost me...... he miscalculated , the bike caught traction and threw him off and on the ground.

As he was picking his bike up , I told him maybe he ought to push it. He replied in a surly manner "You push it!" I told him if I pushed it, it would end up in the creek.

With that, he rode off to his rig.

THATS what was going on......Scoott, I was behind him in line and when he took off it looked like he was trying to turn around and roost everyone behind him...so NO you did not pull him off his bike...he just caught traction and made himself look even worse...so I saw it first hand and for everyone that thought you pulled him off they ARE WRONG ! ...hope this helps:thumbsup:

That's why I said my wife said "apparently". She didn't see it happen (the fall), just the aftermath. She did say he was a major menace in the pit, full speed! He needed to be pulled, from what I heard!

That's why I said my wife said "apparently". She didn't see it happen (the fall), just the aftermath. She did say he was a major menace in the pit, full speed! He needed to be pulled, from what I heard!

Didn't mean to accuse your wife of anything by all means, I was just making a statement in general for Scott that I did whitness it.So please don't think I was targeting you or your wife...sorry if thats what you thought..:confused:

The rider road into the pits backwards very confusing pit entrance saw other riders do the same thing. the pit guy wasnot paying attention to the entrance.he was talking with buddys up the hill.he walked over to the rider and seemed to be arguing with rider then walked away mad and rider appeared to leave mad and alittle fast.

Didn't mean to accuse your wife of anything by all means, I was just making a statement in general for Scott that I did whitness it.So please don't think I was targeting you or your wife...sorry if thats what you thought..:confused:

Yeah there's no way he could have been targeting your wife...trailsweep had his hands full targetting some other gal on the course!:excuseme:

Not at all, no worries...I was just stating what she saw and what she said.

The pits were confusing to anyone that was not at the riders meeting or not paying attention. The course worker working the gate was not doing the best job (at least when I was watching the short course). He was gabbing and let numerous riders throught gate the wrong way, or caught them as they were 1/2 way through instead of in front of the gate.

just my 2.

The rider road into the pits backwards very confusing pit entrance saw other riders do the same thing. the pit guy wasnot paying attention to the entrance.he was talking with buddys up the hill.he walked over to the rider and seemed to be arguing with rider then walked away mad and rider appeared to leave mad and alittle fast.

My son told me of this as we were pulling out sunday.. I was racing and did not see it but my son was pretty amazed at what he saw standing on the grass hill looking down at the pit - apparently the rider, (that we know), enterd the pits backwards an easy mistake especially if you had the raced day before.... anyway regardless of entering the pits backward he was doing 5mph or less than 11mph atleast... my son said the course worker went over there and arguing between the courseworker and the pit crew took place, an attempt to cut the tag, more confrontation which ended up in the courseworker and the rider leaving the pits... in the process a bar end grazed the course workers hand, my son said that it looked totally accidental from what he saw. Apparently he was DQ'd on the next lap... is this the one that was told to push is bike:confused:

I thought the big yellow sign that said pits with an arrow should have been enough to direct the rider the proper direction to the pit entrance, Besides being told at the riders meeting and again at the starting line. It was hard for the official at the split to know weather the rider was going to the check or missed the pit entrance. The riders who started into the pit backwards stopped when told to and then went proper way and they all did EXCEPT 201X. I was standing at the end of pit rode when the incident took place. When 201X entered the pits backward he was yelled at by no less then 10 people, he was WAY over 15mph going up pit rode backwards. When the OMRA official went to his pit to issue a penalty the riders crew members became very angry and began dropping every form for the "F" bomb know to man. When the crew members overwelmed the offical he headed down pit rode to find Scott. The rider finished refueling and started back down pit road when from the north end of pit road I heard " HIT HIM" I dont know who said it. The rider aggressively turned to his right (leaving a very obvious mark in the grass) hitting the official with his handlebar in the shoulder, then shifted up a gear and grabbed some throttle. The guys working the check had no idea what was going on so they checked him and let him continue his race. At this point I called Scott and told him what had happened. Scott talked to many people, including the riders pit crew, and made the decession to DQ him. So when the rider finished his lap scott stepped in and pulled his tag. Then the big roost gone bad took place and the rider headed back to his truck. That is my account of what happened in the incident.

Does anyone know what the penalty was for? I never saw the radar gun out and I also saw a lot of short coursers come thru the pits backwards, I personally helped one of them put his silencer back on his KTM, so it did happen:prof: ... every time I came around for the finish check, people were standing in front of the "big yellow sign" making it not obvious. So if there was a time penalty suggested for entering the pits backward thats wrong primarily because it was never stated in the riders meeting ... the only time penalty mentioned at the riders meeting was for speeding in the pits as I understood it? His only penalty should have been to exit the pits and re-enter the right direction going the speed limit but instead it sounds as if the course worker went over there and tried to impose a time penalty and then argue with participants who had probably spent close to $400 to travel and race for the weekend. My son said that in the pits there was an attempt to pull the riders tag that included the course worker grabbing the riders left hand and attempting to move it so he could cut the tag...

What would never be acceptable is someone purposely trying to hit a course worker or anyone on a motorcycle... while I did not witness it, I do know who we are talking about and while they are passionate about racing and competition I would never associate them with such actions... My two cents, I'm out, hopefully this all gets resolved :confused:

Im glad you have awild imagination of what you dreamed up Banshee420.

I know many other people have gave the same account of what happened, you can believe what ever you want, I think Scott has weighed all the facts and taken the correct actions, it will be a safer race and pit road without this guy in it!!

The DQ was NOT for going into the pits backwarda, Not for speeding into and out of the pits, and Not for obscene arguments in the pits. It was for swerving to strike an official from behind in the pits, and accelerating away!.

Had he stopped after contact, it would have been a whole different kettle of fish.

And it doesn't matter that it was an official that was hit.Anyone struck under the circumstances would have resulted in the same result.

Vehicular assault/ battery is not part of racing!

All I saw was a red Ford van shaking violently back and forth with muffled profanities coming from inside.. I realized later that the guys in the van were the DQ ed team... Personally, I dont understand the big deal.. Races at Eddieville arent for money, (or maybe NMA is different) so if you get DQ ed for breaking the rules or throwing a "terrible twos" temper tantrum, whats the big deal??? You lose nothing but a race fee and maybe a little bit of dignity.. But hey, thats why we're all taught from a young age to control your temper... :excuseme:

Honestly, Ive seen some things in life that make me go HMMMM... But watching/hearing of a group of young adults throw a temper tantrum just makes me laugh.. :confused: Must be from the city :excuseme: