Sign in to follow this  

Husky TE450 2006 gear lever getting stuck

Hi All

I hope somebody can help.

I recently had my 2006 TE450’s motor rebuilt.

When I change gears the gear lever gets stuck between 2nd and 3rd..

If I tap it with my hand or boot it quickly jumps back down.

It still feels free and loose, just the slightest tap and it releases.

I only have 70 hours on the bike but unfortunately lost oil pressure and really did some serious damage to the motor, hence the rebuild.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. My mechanic is a Honda Guy and the best we have here as no local husky dealer????

Thanks in advance.

:confused:

My guess is your lever is pushed in too far:busted: Loosen it & pull it out & make it flush with the end of the shaft. It's probably slightly hitting on the plastic cover directly behind it. Just a guess:excuseme: Hope it's this simple:thumbsup:

My guess is your lever is pushed in too far:busted: Loosen it & pull it out & make it flush with the end of the shaft. It's probably slightly hitting on the plastic cover directly behind it. Just a guess:excuseme: Hope it's this simple:thumbsup:

Unfortunatly thats not the problem.

Every thing seems fine????

No touching etc.....

Thanks for the reply though.

Only from 2nd to 3rd?????

Beats me????

Shaft seems fine?

Spring also fitted correctly!

I'm dumbstruck!

:confused::excuseme: :excuseme: :sweden:

But hey! I still love this beast!

Would never consider replacing it with another brand.

P.s. Do Husky make a 300 2-Stroke.

I'm becoming a bit of a lazy rider "unfit":worthy:

Look in parts manuel in the gear box section around page 84. Sounds like the sprocket item #37 part#800087299(sprocket) is not turning freely on item#30 part#800098149( screw)have seen where clearance has gone away with micro debris causing it to hang up. You will have to remove the clutch first, then the shift shaft,, remove #42 plate to get mechanism out be very observant as to how #38,39,40 come out buff out #37 to where it rides on#30 should be free and smooth. That should do it just let us know. Later George

• Like 1

Look in parts manuel in the gear box section around page 84. Sounds like the sprocket item #37 part#800087299(sprocket) is not turning freely on item#30 part#800098149( screw)have seen where clearance has gone away with micro debris causing it to hang up. You will have to remove the clutch first, then the shift shaft,, remove #42 plate to get mechanism out be very observant as to how #38,39,40 come out buff out #37 to where it rides on#30 should be free and smooth. That should do it just let us know. Later George

Thank you for your time and responce.

This sounds like it could/should be the problem.

I will have a look at it on Tuesday and keep you informed.

Have a super easter weekend.:confused:

Regards

Michael

You SIR ! Are an absalute STAR!!:confused:

Thank you so much.

Thanks for taking the time to help others.

It works perfectly now!

Here is some Gas for you, GLUG GLUG GLUG!:excuseme:

Big George knows.......:confused:

If I was not limited per day I would still be pumpnig gas in!!!!!!

GLUG! GLUG GLUG!

This has always impressed me about Husky riders/fans!

They want to help, regardless of where they are in the world.

All cut from the same truly rare cloth.

Once again, Thank you!

My bike has been down for almost 3 months, I eventually found a supplier in the states that could supply all my parts. (Through TT again) Thanks Exotica!

Only to have customs sit on it for ages here in SA:foul:

Cheers all. I need to ride:ride:

I hope this helps I have and 05 450 and had the same exact problem. I went out riding one day, and suddenly when shifting from 2nd to 3rd the lever got stuck. It felt like I was trying to shift up out of 6th gear. It would shift down but not up past 3rd. long story short, the shift drum on huskys are aluminum and if its a relatively new bike you'll have what happened to me, a piece of steel that was floating around inside the motor about as big as a pencil head got lodged in the slides on the shift drum, which required of course the splitting of cases, and removal of this little piece of steel. I had the shift drum anodized so that I wouldnt have to worry about it again. I bet you anything thats whats going on. Sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear. best of luck to you.

Thanks,

I got it sorted out, fortunatly not a serious thing at all.

George "UPTITE" Gave advice and hit the nail on the head.

However, thanks for your reply though.