rmx plastic parts info needed

im looking to find a few plastic pieces for my 250 if you have any info i would greatly appreciate it. heres what im looking for,

the plastic piece on the y of the frame just above the foot pegs

a front rotor protector

a new number plate

and lower fork protector

if you know part numbers that would be great but if you just know were i can find them i can atleast be pointed in the right direction.

The rotor protector and fork guard are available as OEM parts. Try http://www.flatoutmotorcycles.com/fiche_select.asp as an inexpensive source.

I wasn't able to find frame guards specific to my '89 (or any RMX.) I got a set of UFO plastic guards for an RM and had to work them a little to make them fit. Specifically the left side had to be reduced a little to sit flat on the kick stand mount. The plastic is easy to cut/file down to make it fit.

Are you looking for a number plate or the headlight housing? If just a number plate one for an RM of your year would work fine.

im just getting another number plate for now but a headlight later if i start riding at night.

The OEM headlight is OK - I put a 55w halogen bulb in mine and it's fairly bright. Someone posted in another thread about using a different light, Acerbis or something, that is really bright.

I have seen RMX parts on bikebandit.com in their OEM section as well. Looks to be similar, if not the same, as flatoutmotorcycles.com fiche.

Bike Bandit does list the parts, although they use their own part numbers and not Suzuki numbers. Sometimes their fiche are confusing to decipher. In some cases the prices are about the same, particularly if you put in your AMA number for an additional discount.

I don't have any affiliation with Flatout, but have been buying parts from them for a while. They have the best prices I've seen for OEM stuff and have really good customer service.

Bike Bandit does list the parts, although they use their own part numbers and not Suzuki numbers.

Uncle Alpo: Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't aware of the difference. I agree, it's better to use OEM numbers.

Bike Bandit does list the parts, although they use their own part numbers and not Suzuki numbers. Sometimes their fiche are confusing to decipher. In some cases the prices are about the same, particularly if you put in your AMA number for an additional discount.

I don't have any affiliation with Flatout, but have been buying parts from them for a while. They have the best prices I've seen for OEM stuff and have really good customer service.

i cant find anything on there site.... what am i doing wrong?

Which site? Flatout? Hit that link I posted above, then scroll down the page to "Search by parts diagram". Choose

Category: Motorcycles

Manufacturer: Suzuki

Model Year: 1998

Then choose RM250 in the "Select model" box that opens. Press <go> and it will take you to the fiche for the chosen bike.

Happy hunting!

:confused: i was doing it wrong, now heres my next question . is the rm and rmx having the same frame?

It depends on the year. Early ones did, but I'm not sure about later ones. From what I can tell RMX frames stayed basically the same while RM frames evolved. Looking at the fiche for various years shows some minor differences between RMX and RM frames, but who knows how accurate the fiche are? If you're thinking about getting RM frame guards I'd go for plastic ones, as they may need to be "tweaked" a little to fit.

i was actually looking at different rear fenders, i see the fron are the same. i look the of the rm rear fender a little more than the rmx.

That I don't know much about. I have an Acerbis rear fender for mine that I swap on sometimes. I just took at look at Chaparral's site and they list a Maier rear fender for RMXs (of course they don't have any in stock.) You may be able to find a suitable "universal" rear fender and drill your own mounting holes.

thank you very much....you sure know your rmx's:worthy:

You're welcome.