Sign in to follow this  

New to me DRZ-400E

Picked up a 2000 E model last week. What a fantastic bike,IMHO. Lite weight, lots of power, better suspension (than my KLR), etc.

The klr is great for the road and lite trail work, but the Z comes alive when I hit the once dreaded Ocala (ONF) sand, IMO it's safer to ride the right bike in that enviroment. (rambling on)

Anyway, I wanted to say Hi

TC

I have both a tengai (early klr650 in street cloths) and an 08 klr650. And yes they are ok on easy stuff but anything with sand, mud, big rock etc the klx gets the nod.

Welcome and make sure you get some protection for your drz, namely case savers (tt store or cfc off e-by) and unabiker radiator guards.

I was a bit shocked that someone called the DRZ light... until I realized what you were comparing it against. I'm sure it does feel like a minibike compared to the KLR. Congrats on the purchase.

Picked up a 2000 E model last week. What a fantastic bike,IMHO. Lite weight, lots of power, better suspension (than my KLR), etc.

The klr is great for the road and lite trail work, but the Z comes alive when I hit the once dreaded Ocala (ONF) sand, IMO it's safer to ride the right bike in that enviroment. (rambling on)

Anyway, I wanted to say Hi

TC

Just picked a 2001 myself, bikes in great shape with new tires, chain bearings and battery. Allready had case savers, I'm just waiting for the Unibiker radiator guard from TT.

I have the dual sport and I love it. And little old me can pick it up by myself if I dump it too. It's happened a couple times.

you are so right about being able to pick it up easier.

I took the klr out this past weekend to ONF off of 445 on to FR529, got into some great riding areas, the whole time I was wishing I was on the DRZ but I had my 11yo daughter with me, had a blast getting dirty