Sign in to follow this  

Future for the 125???

Honda and Kawasaki have made strides toward the 150 range I wonder what Suzuki has in store for us? Kawi went the play bike direction with some obvious improvements ie: full frame much improved rear suspension and rear disk brake and not to mention the e-start. I wouldn't want the e-start on a racer but for a fast recreational bike it might be nice. Honda on the other hand covered both markets with two versions but forgot to trim the weight off the F version. We are still one manufacturer away from any real competition in the motocross market. If they intend to replace the 85cc class with these bikes they all have more work to do. Anyone have some news on Suzuki or there intentions?

Honda and Kawasaki have made strides toward the 150 range I wonder what Suzuki has in store for us? Kawi went the play bike direction with some obvious improvements ie: full frame much improved rear suspension and rear disk brake and not to mention the e-start. I wouldn't want the e-start on a racer but for a fast recreational bike it might be nice. Honda on the other hand covered both markets with two versions but forgot to trim the weight off the F version. We are still one manufacturer away from any real competition in the motocross market. If they intend to replace the 85cc class with these bikes they all have more work to do. Anyone have some news on Suzuki or there intentions?

I don't know about what Suzuki has in store, but my wife's friend just got a honda 150f and that thing is HEAVY! My wife has the small wheel drz 125 and likes the seat height of the 150f, but hates the weight. If the Kawi 140 would have been out that would have been my first choice for her.

It would be sweet if Suzuki and Yami made a 4 stroke bike to compete with the 150R

Honda seems to have set the bar in the play bikes for now, Kawi flirted with it but stopped short for retail cost reasons I'm sure. A racing version of the 140 would be the next logical step for Kawi leaving Suzuki and Yamaha two steps behind. My guess is they will do the same but release them at the same time. No doubt Kawi didn't spend any time designing the 140 engine and it's likely a reduced bore and destroked version of an old 250 design quick to market and save a water cooled four valve for the next gen and buy some time. Essentially Kawasaki gave us what we were asking for, a full frame rear disc and I hear the KX front suspension will bolt up, strap on a 250 and you have a little rocket ship.

i think suzuki has other more important things to R&D, like improving the new EFI 450, ect...and this goes along with every other company, the money is with the big bikes...I'm sure suzuki, kawasaki, and yamaha all have a team developing a 150R, but they are definitly on the back-burner now...

Yamaha had 150r 4-5 years ago in development and it was shown in a Japanese magazine but we never heard anymore about it.I think that's why all the secrecy with the honda 150r.Honda scooped evreyone. I've thought long and hard about a Honda 150rb but can't see myself on red after 33 years on suzuki.If a 150rb suzuki doesn't come out in the next year I'm thinking about a lowered RMZ 250. In the meantime I'm enjoying my DRZ 150 and hoping I won't need any more frame repairs.:prof:

Suzuki had as much knowledge of the split as Kawi but the immediate need for a replacement wasn't there. So if they release one they have had an extra year of R\D and the advantage of knowing what the competition is doing. If it falls short of the Kawi I would be surprised but i doubt they will go after Honda until the tree huggers kill the two strokes and with a democrat in office that won't take long. We are seeing the same scenario play out as the early 70's with "voluntary" emissions control in an effort to delay Capitol Hill from putting it on paper but a delay is the best they are going to get, two years if they're lucky. In a few more years we'll be taking our bikes down to the garage and getting the sniffer shoved in the silencer....:prof:

wow...what a rant...

but i agree with you...if a democrat gets in office there will be more restrictions on emissions, especially on dirtbikes :prof:

sucks to live in america if that happens. hahaha,,, dirtbikes and shit like, extreme sports shit, leaders from government are seen at FMX events and shit like that often.. specialy kevin rud our Prime minister. he likes most sports as you often see the camera on him once in a while when he's in the crowd.

Those tree huggers are out of control down there in the good o' U.S. of A.We don't get the same hassle up here at the federal level but we still have to be careful because people are still trying to shut down tracks at the local level.Practice safe,smart and responsible dirt riding and preserve the right to ride for all of us.

I agree with Dr. Suzook. Even in Canada the Democrats have a bad reputation.Off road enthusiasts- vote McCain and your local Republican!

Politicians determine there policy's by number of votes per issue, we obviously don't rank as high as the people that want us on mountain bikes (bicycles). Maybe they should loosen the restriction on what can be made street legal and get these dirt bikes out of the garage and make a dent in OPECS wallet!!

Ok the political sidebar is my fault sorry everyone. Have any of you guys and gals over seas heard or seen anything on the future of this bike?